Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ollicat View Post
    I need some advice here . I have a 2021 RT Limited that is still under the 2 year warranty. I brought it to the dealer for a variety of warranty issues and one item they said is not covered is the weak shock that is not holding up the rear trunk lid. He wants to charge me for this service . I would think this would be covered. Thoughts
    I had my top case and seat struts replaced under warranty a few months ago. The service guy had to get approval from BRP beforehand. I recall reading something about strut manufacturing issues that occurred about the same time of my build. Neither strut ever worked as they should have. The replacements are working well so far.
    2021 Sea to Sky

Mods: Pedal Commander, RLS Black Ceramic Coated Cat Delete, Passenger Armrests, Driver Backrest, FOBO TPMS, Wolo Bad Boy Air Horn, Foam Handgrips

Spyder Garage

My wife's 2021 Sea-to-Sky has been experiencing a weak trunk lid strut for many months, so the dealer has finally replaced it under warranty.

I did get a chance to compare the two struts after he took the 10 minutes required to remove the old one. I could compress the old one with a bit of muscle - I could not shift the new one at all!

He let me keep the old strut because I have seen people here in the UK asking for details of it in order to try to find a stronger replacement locally. I will attach a couple of photos, but my measurements were:

* length = 147.83mm uncompressed and 112mm fully compressed
    * diameter of chamber = 15.1mm

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

Spyder Garage

after discussing/arguing with my dealer... I ended up buying a spring from Ace Hardware $5.49 after tax for a 2-pack. SP-9713 was the part number.

Found the info in another thread on this site.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark