Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

And finally... if you buy the Lamonster Tail Brightener and the flasher module doesn't work, that can be fixed. I noted that the outgoing negative (black wire) from the flasher module had been cut flush with the grommet. Pulling up the wiring diagram on the 'Net, every diagram and video indicated that this lead was required. I have no idea why that was done - somebody perhaps didn't get that whole "electrical circuit" thing? I could have gotten another from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Podoy-GS-100A...d_i=B01F4OKWSG for about $7, but chose to try repairing the one I had just for fun. I popped open the flasher case, extracted the stub of cut off wire and soldered a longer lead to it. Running the new negative wire out through the grommet was a bit of a chore but doable, after which I simply snapped the case shut. The flasher module's circuit board is potted... sort of... but it should keep moisture from damaging the board. For what it is, I was actually surprised to see that it was potted; that's a plus and good choice of parts by Lamont. Sorry, didn't take a photo of the inside of the flasher module.

I pulled the top box light and determined which wire provided the brake light with 12v. Rather than make a huge rat's nest of wiring, I opted to cut the leads and solder in the incoming positive and negative leads to the flasher. The outgoing leads remained unsoldered as they would be connected via Leverlock. Now it was a simple matter to secure the Leverlocks to the bottom of the top box light opening with Scotch mounting tape and route the power and LED leads. I also opted to extend the leads from the tail-light plug to make it easier to install and remove if needed. The flasher module I had to leave loose as there was no good mounting location available (there would probably have been if I hadn't secured the Leverlocks to the bottom of the opening). When installed, the tail-light holds the module in place well enough. Now the top box brake light and the added LED strips flash as intended.

Not a terribly difficult job, but not exactly plug-and-play either, I'm sorry to say. I still think the kit is good, especially for the sale price. Here's what the final setup looks like:

Wiring connections with flash module resized.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-24-2023 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Exposed hidden URL's iaw Forum policy
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black