Spyder Garage

Default How many Accessory Power Harnesses are on the 2022 Rally?

I understand there is an auxiliary 12v power harness under the left side fairing on the 2022 Rally. My question is, how many are there, just the one or are there more?

Also does anyone know where it is fused i.e is there a fuse for it on the fuse box? The only one I could spot on the owners manual was the USB/ACC 5amp Fuse - (shown as F3)

Spyder Garage

Two:

IMG_0792.jpg close up ryker accessory plug.jpg

With both male and female connectors.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

So for future reference:

I have downloaded the workshop manual and discovered the following from the Wiring Diagram.

Fuse F3 ACC/USB located in the fuse box connects to the USB Port and 2 Accessory ports.

Interestingly the Owners manual states this is a 5amp Fuse. The workshop manual Wiring Diagram states it's a 7.5amp Fuse.

Will be interesting to confirm which is fitted when I collect the bike.

As I intend fitting Oxford heated grips (5amp) and a Garmin Zumo 395 (2amp), the 7.5A and/or 5A fuse sizes will work. Both units come with their own inline fuses in any case.

It may happen however that I end up using all three ports at the same time so to avoid a possible overdraw (mainly the Heated grips) I may still wire the grips straight from the battery to avoid a blown fuse. Oxford HG's have an intelligent controller that turns them off. I guess when the battery isn't being charged by the bikes alternator, so hopefully no flat battery.

Spyder Garage

I would wire heated grips to the battery using a relay to aux power so that the power is cut off when the Ryker is off. This would be best practice.

Aux components.jpg