Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron ultimate sway bar, Thoughts after 1500 miles.

So a week after the installation my wife and I took a trip up state to the Big Bend area of Florida to a little town of Steinhatchee Florida.

Now in the week leading up to the trip I managed to put a few hundred miles on the sway bar and I'm quite impressed and that's pretty hard to do coming from a life time of modifying cars/ bikes/trucks and jeeps I have made hundreds of 1/4 mile passes on bikes and in cars I have many track days under my belt at Loudon New Hampshire international race track/ Epping New Hampshire Drag strip and English Town race track in English town New Jersey, All that being said the Baja Ron ultimate sway bar allowed me to DOUBLE the 45 MPH posted speed limit through the S curve.

( PLEASE DON'T BE STUPID LIKE ME , I STILL HOLD MY NHRA LICENSE AND MY AMA/FIMNA ALONG WITH MY SCAA LICENSE. that's still no excuse for riding like a fool. ) But I'm an adrenalin junkie and I need the push the extreme limits of everything I own.

Now that all being said.

With SLEDGE being loaded with laptop/ tools/rain gear/C-pap machine/SLEDGE's cover/ tour bag with a weeks clothes for my wife and I, I knew the moment I hit the interstate that the stock sway bar would have had me making a U-turn for home to lighten the load.

There was no way I would have felt safe crossing the Sunshine Skyway bridge (430 feet above Tampa bay) with the severe cross winds they get up there let alone 18 wheelers passing me at 70-80 MPH. ( I ride very conservatively with my wife on board).

Now with all that out of the way. The Baja Ron ultimate sway bar is worth twice what he is selling it for, It is an outstanding product and a major safety improvement over the stock joke of a sway bar.

Spyder Garage

Ha. I finally got my F3 up 2 feet off the ground yesterday at a mates place.

And fitted my BJRon bar.
    I was smiling and sucking my teeth about 300m from his place on the way home, thinking wow I have had this bar for how long now?

While I didn't go completely stupid on the way home I noticed I was cornering with ease corners that were on the high end of comfortable. So I bumped the corner speed up a bit progressively on the way home.

Result.... A Majic bit of kit.

I noticed a yellow flashing on the dash near the speedo exiting the corners, got home and looked it up.
    Seems its a stability warning, I think.

Not sure but think thats what it was.
    It was there then gone after a few flashed.

Did you notice anything flashing?

Late edit.

Going for a day ride somewhere on Thursday. So should be interesting I reckon.
    Last edited by Isopedella; 06-11-2023 at 12:01 PM.
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

I knew you would get back to us and have a positive comment!!! Have fun stay safe!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Isopedella View Post

And fitted my BJRon bar.
    I was smiling and sucking my teeth about 300m from his place on the way home, thinking wow I have had this bar for how long now?

While I didn't go completely stupid on the way home I noticed I was cornering with ease corners that were on the high end of comfortable. So I bumped the corner speed up a bit progressively on the way home.

I noticed a yellow flashing on the dash near the speedo exiting the corners, got home and looked it up.

Late edit.

I did not notice any flashing icons, I have been toying with the idea of mounting the action cam to view the instrument cluster, but that
    involves a new mount where I don't want one.

Spyder Garage

Nanny invites herself to all parties. Set the bike up a fraction before the turn with the revs up seems to stop her turning off the music mid corner for me. No sudden moves.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-11-2023 at 08:01 PM. Reason: ' 's ;-)
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

''Experts" say eating red meat makes the sun hot
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

I just happened to glance down as I swooshed through a known set of corners as I was interested in my new comfortable corner speed.

I will try it in a lower gear and bring the revs up next time im through there Cobwebs and see what happens.

Its only 700m or so from home. Rural before the housing starts.
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

I installed the BajaRon bar and more recently added the front set of Elka shocks. That combination is a game changer..! The shocks are not cheap but they are very well made and (In my opinion) worth every dime because of the profound difference they make in the handling of the machine..! My .02 cents
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    So a week after the installation my wife and I took a trip up state to the Big Bend area of Florida to a little town of Steinhatchee Florida.

Now in the week leading up to the trip I managed to put a few hundred miles on the sway bar and I'm quite impressed and that's pretty hard to do coming from a life time of modifying cars/ bikes/trucks and jeeps I have made hundreds of 1/4 mile passes on bikes and in cars I have many track days under my belt at Loudon New Hampshire international race track/ Epping New Hampshire Drag strip and English Town race track in English town New Jersey, All that being said the Baja Ron ultimate sway bar allowed me to DOUBLE the 45 MPH posted speed limit through the S curve.

( PLEASE DON'T BE STUPID LIKE ME , I STILL HOLD MY NHRA LICENSE AND MY AMA/FIMNA ALONG WITH MY SCAA LICENSE. that's still no excuse for riding like a fool. ) But I'm an adrenalin junkie and I need the push the extreme limits of everything I own.

Now that all being said.

With SLEDGE being loaded with laptop/ tools/rain gear/C-pap machine/SLEDGE's cover/ tour bag with a weeks clothes for my wife and I, I knew the moment I hit the interstate that the stock sway bar would have had me making a U-turn for home to lighten the load.

There was no way I would have felt safe crossing the Sunshine Skyway bridge (430 feet above Tampa bay) with the severe cross winds they get up there let alone 18 wheelers passing me at 70-80 MPH. ( I ride very conservatively with my wife on board).

Now with all that out of the way. The Baja Ron ultimate sway bar is worth twice what he is selling it for, It is an outstanding product and a major safety improvement over the stock joke of a sway bar.
    That sounds like the info that i am looking for. I installed one a couple of years ago on my 2016 F3T. I did not feel a lot of difference, but it was a little better. My 2016 F3 Limited Special Series had one installed when i purchased it. Now I ride my 2021 RTL and it is all stock. I do think that it will definitely benefit from a sway bar. I also ride rather aggressive when riding alone. Did you change the shocks, or is the swaybar your only suspension mod?
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    That sounds like the info that i am looking for. I installed one a couple of years ago on my 2016 F3T. I did not feel a lot of difference, but it was a little better. My 2016 F3 Limited Special Series had one installed when i purchased it. Now I ride my 2021 RTL and it is all stock. I do think that it will definitely benefit from a sway bar. I also ride rather aggressive when riding alone. Did you change the shocks, or is the swaybar your only suspension mod?
    Sway bar only so far.

MY uncle Sam said I owed him 12K. So a lot of things got put on hold so I can take my trip to Maine in July.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post

Now that all being said.

you think the sway bar made a differance, get rid of oem front tires , replace with quadtracs, and see even more of an improvement.
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Couple weeks ago I was doing the 15mph hairpin turns on the Million Dollar Highway at about 45. But NOW...well, today my M2 shocks arrived! So soon I'll have the perfect combo of Ultra sway bar, Quatracs, M2 shocks, Stage 2 tune, and Pedal Box. Not sure it'll get any better than that anytime soon!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Isopedella View Post

And fitted my BJRon bar.

Late edit.

I just had the Elka's installed all around and the upgraded swaybar and I'm getting the VSS Suspension Fault (code C210A).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rickw2187 View Post
    I just had the Elka's installed all around and the upgraded swaybar and I'm getting the VSS Suspension Fault (code C210A).
    Who did the install.