Spyder Garage

Unhappy Beware of Centramatic wheel balancers

I have a 2021 RT Ltd. and just bought a set of Centramatic wheel balancers for it. I received them yesterday and when trying to install the front balancers on the hub, they would not fit over the hub. I contacted Lamonster about the situation and was informed that some don't fit the RT but do fit the F3's and they have been in contact about it with the manufacturer. Centramatic has not done anything about it yet. My problem with this is that Lamonster Garage knows about this problem but did not check with a caliper the size of the holes when sending them to me when they new it was for a RT bike. So just letting everyone know what you might run into when buying these things. Lamonster is sending me a return label and will refund my money. Maybe it's because I'm getting old but it seems you can't depend on anything anymore.
    2021 Dark Red RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Not to defend anyone here. But getting quality parts is getting harder and harder. Spending time to verify every aspect of a product that has been fine in the past is a burden on the process that most, (understandably) do not comprehend. Product gets sent out in quantity before the issue is discovered. The customer calls in and 'Yes, we know about the issue'. But the damage is done.

Not saying this is the case here, as I really don't know the details. But having your own business is typically, much different than the perception. I tell people; "I used to own my business. Now it owns me". Not complaining in any way. I love what I do, I have a great crew and many outstanding customers. I look at it as extended family. Not just people buying things.

I would say that Lamonster Garage is as unhappy about this issue as you are. I encourage you to work with them. I am sure they will do all they can to make you happy. Just my 2-cents.

It's not an excuse. But the reality is, 'Perfection is reserved for the next life'.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 06-07-2023 at 11:22 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Lamonster Garage has always taken care of the customer. Their willingness to refund your money for the product that does not work for you is a perfect example of customer service.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

ARtraveler, you seem to be missing my point, yes the Lamonster garage was very help full in returning the balancers and saying they will refund my money, my point is when you know there is a problem with material you are selling for a "specific" bike and do not verify first before shipping that what you are sending is the correct size, then maybe a little extra caution should be taken first.
    2021 Dark Red RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We had a similar problem, we have a 2020RTL and a 2021 RTL. One set fit fine but the other set was a bit to small for the hub. About 3 minutes with the die grinder and they slipped right on. Evidently the hole punch for the balancer was not sharp enough. Was no big deal to make the hole size a little bit bigger. Had same problem on centramatic balancers for our semi tractor with 10 hole buds. A little ingenuity and all was well.....Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Jim View Post
    I have a 2021 RT Ltd. and just bought a set of Centramatic wheel balancers for it. I received them yesterday and when trying to install the front balancers on the hub, they would not fit over the hub. I contacted Lamonster about the situation and was informed that some don't fit the RT but do fit the F3's and they have been in contact about it with the manufacturer. Centramatic has not done anything about it yet. My problem with this is that Lamonster Garage knows about this problem but did not check with a caliper the size of the holes when sending them to me when they new it was for a RT bike. So just letting everyone know what you might run into when buying these things. Lamonster is sending me a return label and will refund my money. Maybe it's because I'm getting old but it seems you can't depend on anything anymore.
    Sorry you got one of the bad ones. We ship hundreds of parts everyday and we do a quality check before they ship out but this one did not get checked. It's been hit and miss on these balancers. Most of them have been fine but not all of them and not enough of them to check everyone before it ships. We've been selling this product since 2015 with no issues. Something has changed in recent months. We'll be taking them out of the store until they can get them a 100% right. Like Ron said we are not happy about this either.

Spyder Garage

Hi Knizar, I too have a die grinder and considered doing just what you did but on reflection thought better not as they are warranted for 5 years and if something would have gone wrong with them, (leakage or something), then the first thing that would have been said is that I modified them and therefore the warranty would be no good. Am taking a trip this summer and was looking forward to having these on my bike then, not that I really need them.
    2021 Dark Red RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Hi Knizar, I too have a die grinder and considered doing just what you did but on reflection thought better not as they are warranted for 5 years and if something would have gone wrong with them, (leakage or something), then the first thing that would have been said is that I modified them and therefore the warranty would be no good. Am taking a trip this summer and was looking forward to having these on my bike then, not that I really need them.
    I would think that if you did a reasonably good job of slightly enlarging the holes to the manufactured specs, there would be no warranty issue. I don't think a smidgen of grinding on already existing holes in the flat plate would void the warranty on the attached ring. Not saying that you had any obligation to do this. But it was an option that would have resolved the issue and you'd be down the road with your balancers installed.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Based on more than a decade of owning Spyders, just go to a shop that has a SPIN balancer, take your " FRONT " wheels and tires there and they will balance them.... I've had over a dozen Spyder tires done this way and always ended up with ZERO vibes or shakes at speeds up to 100 MPH ..... The rears don't need balancing - PERIOD, if you detect REAR tire shake - the problem will be so severe nothing will / can correct it. ..... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-10-2023 at 09:23 AM.

Spyder Garage

I have these Centramatic balancers on all three wheels on my Spyder and have zero issues with them. Just saying…
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dmetcalf View Post
    I have these Centramatic balancers on all three wheels on my Spyder and have zero issues with them. Just saying…
    Me, too, but that’s not the the point of this thread, Dmetcalf. It is a heads up that latest Centramatics models may contain a manufacturing fault which buyers need to be aware of.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Me, too, but that’s not the the point of this thread, Dmetcalf. It is a heads up that latest Centramatics models may contain a manufacturing fault which buyers need to be aware of.

Pete
    10-4. I reread the thread and realized that. I’m glad I purchased mine when I did because I believe in the concept of how they should work.
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.