Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question Is BRP GO cell phone connection any improvement over BRP CONNECT?

I noticed BRP GO is now available to interface with a cell phone. Any opinions if this set up is an improvement over BRP Connect?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-06-2023 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The connection doesn’t change, but yes it’s way better as it has built in instructions and shows all the apps in one screen. Works much better than BRP Connect which is no longer supported.

You still have Bluetooth and cable connections but BRP Go works nicer.
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 06-06-2023 at 09:26 AM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I have no experience with BRP Connect, but BRP Go is kludgy at best, it's a half arsed attempt to provide infotainment features, in my opinion. Apple Car Play or Android Auto would be better, as would satellite radio ready capability.
    Scott (slhanks004)
    Gilbert, AZ USA

2022 Spyder RT Limited - Carbon Black
    • Pedal commander
    • Baja Ron sway bar
    • TricLED tail lights
    • TricLED driving lights
    • Corbin seat
    • BRP rider backrest
    • Lamonster topcuff (2) w/ RAM mounts
    • 12v/USB docking station
    • Garmin Zumo XT
    • RLS cat delete pipe
    • IPS highway pegs
    • IPS belt tensioner
    2022 RT-L , Carbon black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by slhanks004 View Post
    I have no experience with BRP Connect, but BRP Go is kludgy at best, it's a half arsed attempt to provide infotainment features, in my opinion. Apple Car Play or Android Auto would be better, as would satellite radio ready capability.
    ACP is just the same thing as it integrates the phone into the dash. Just looks different.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I really can't find a reason to use BRP Connect. Yes, it "integrates" Rever, for instance, but you can't DO anything with it. You can't use it to guide you on a preplanned route, you can't get directions from it, you can't really do anything but see a dot (you) on a map. It really dumbs down the phone apps to the point where they lose any actual utility, as far as I can tell.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by liv2cod View Post
    I really can't find a reason to use BRP Connect. Yes, it "integrates" Rever, for instance, but you can't DO anything with it. You can't use it to guide you on a preplanned route, you can't get directions from it, you can't really do anything but see a dot (you) on a map. It really dumbs down the phone apps to the point where they lose any actual utility, as far as I can tell.
    If you did a little research you’d find that you can use it for navigation. You fine a route or creat one, make it a favorite then when you open it in the dash you choose the route and if you see a greyed out screen you close out of it then open it back and it works fine.

Same with Genius and Sygic. Make the route on the phone then open it in the dash. Have music playing when you turn the key on. It’s really not that difficult but takes a bit the getting used to it. Same as you would with any smartphone integration.

Last edited by Flamewinger; 06-07-2023 at 10:22 AM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I have had no issues using BRP Go with Sygic. However there are some phone setting (I use Android) that can give you grief.

1. Make sure that BRP Go is allowed to be on top.
    2. Unlock Screen or the Screen lock is off. Make sure it does relock by setting the phone not to lock while plugged in.
    3. Set the apps you use and BRP Go to never go to sleep in your battery manager.
    4. Both Bluetooth and the cable must be used.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I only use the USB connection to keep my phone charged and the screen lit on apps like Waze. I bought inexpensive "data blockers" to attach to the cable that is attached to the bike so that the BRP system does not take over my phone's screen, reducing the cable to just a charging cord. Personally I don't listen to music or podcasts or anything else while riding because it is a distraction and at the speeds I am riding hard to hear in the best of circumstances. I generally use Waze , or keep the FOBO2 TPMS app on the screen when riding. I gave up on BRP Connect shortly after getting my Spyder.
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)