Spyder Garage

Default Anyone else had Tricled sequential fender turn signal failures?

Hey All,
    we installed these last year on our 2020 RT's, minimal usage as we were working long hours. After approx 2k miles of fair weather riding several of the individual led's has failed. Tricled has "warrantied" the led for $20 of shipping, just wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue? It is a concern as we have three more fenders that can potentially fail, and to any of those that have installed these, it's not much fun.

Thanks,

Ken
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-06-2023 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Mine have had failures also, but I've got a lot more miles on mine . They sure are bright though......

I didn't find the installation difficult.

Lew L
    Last edited by Lew L; 06-05-2023 at 11:13 PM.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KAMJAM View Post
    Hey All,
    we installed these last year on our 2020 RT's, minimal usage as we were working long hours. After approx 2k miles of fair weather riding several of the individual led's has failed. Tricled has "warrantied" the led for $20 of shipping, just wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue? It is a concern as we have three more fenders that can potentially fail, and to any of those that have installed these, it's not much fun.

Thanks,

Ken
    " 20.00 for shipping " ..... if they get a USPS cardboard box it should be less than 1/2 that price .... JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

On my third set now due to sporadic failures.
    2014 ST-S Cognac
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

I work on Spyders and Rykers as a Hobby Gig. I've replaced the red sequential fender lights for folks numerous times. The Yellows seem solid - the reds have a much higher failure rate than I'm happy with - that's for sure. I've stopped recommending them because of it. TricLED seems to be good about replacing them once - but I've had replacements fail quickly as well.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey All,

Thanks,

Ken
    Yeah, I’ve had issues with their sequence lighting, they replaced for only postage out of warranty.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " 20.00 for shipping " ..... if they get a USPS cardboard box it should be less than 1/2 that price .... JMHO .... Mike
    The $20 covers a replacement set of lights too, so it’s about 1/8 the price of getting new ones.

My very first set lasted forever (3 years) but they were not the sequential. When they changed to the sequential my next set needed replaced in 1 year. I’d get 1 inch sections flickering and eventually burnt out. Since my bike needs inspected, atleast 1/2 the LED must be lite. It would not pass. I got the $20 replacement, no questions asked from tricled and after 1 year are starting to get flickering again but none have burnt out yet. I will probably switch to spyderpops next. Will have to do some investigation though. They are a good feature and super bright and very easy to spot if you leave the run signal on. But I have had 3 total sets start to fail over the last 6 years.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 06-07-2023 at 09:05 AM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    The $20 covers a replacement set of lights too, so it’s about 1/8 the price of getting new ones.

My very first set lasted forever (3 years) but they were not the sequential. When they changed to the sequential my next set needed replaced in 1 year. I’d get 1 inch sections flickering and eventually burnt out. Since my bike needs inspected, atleast 1/2 the LED must be lite. It would not pass. I got the $20 replacement, no questions asked from tricled and after 1 year are starting to get flickering again but none have burnt out yet. I will probably switch to spyderpops next. Will have to do some investigation though. They are a good feature and super bright and very easy to spot if you leave the run signal on. But I have had 3 total sets start to fail over the last 6 years.
    The OP said Tricled had Warrantied the item ...... Why should there be a Shipping charge ..... If your Spyder engine is replaced " under warranty " - would you be upset if they charged you $ 250.00 to ship it to the dealer ????? ....JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Same here
    Replaced but I had to pay shipping. I chose not to fight the charge
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Palm Desert)
    Grey - dark edition

2015 Spyder F3 S (Vancouver)

2017 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer

Spyder Garage

Technically they don’t have to warranty anything after 12 months. It says it specifically on their site. After 12 months, if it starts to flicker or turn off in order to get new ones it would be full price from any other company. All three of mine were after 1 year so for 3 new sets for $60 I’m not going to complain. Yes they should last a lot longer but after a quick search I found out they also produce the same ones for lamonster and spyderpops sell as in slingmods just not the sequential ones. So there really is no other option if you want them on the fenders. Still a cheap date for a fresh new pair every other year. So if my motor was to break “after warranty” and BRP said no problem we would still cover it for $250 shipping, I’d be jumping for joy because technically it would cost me $1000’s more.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 06-07-2023 at 12:23 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey All,

Thanks,

Ken
    Yes. The inline electronics got water inside and corroded. It's a little can, like a capacitor. Joe Meyers replaced it for me.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

They have a serious problem with the circuit boards in them and will continue to replace them as a show of good faith, but the hassle of taking them off, shipping them back and then re-installing new ones is a pain. I myself and many others that I know have switched over to the Show Chrome lights which are just as bright but no sequencing. The local dealers in my area are not installing the TricLeds due to the issue, so that way they don't have to listen to their customers complaining about them failing.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    They have a serious problem with the circuit boards in them and will continue to replace them as a show of good faith, but the hassle of taking them off, shipping them back and then re-installing new ones is a pain. I myself and many others that I know have switched over to the Show Chrome lights which are just as bright but no sequencing. The local dealers in my area are not installing the TricLeds due to the issue, so that way they don't have to listen to their customers complaining about them failing.

Can you please provide a link to those lights.

TIA
    Loving my 2020 RT-L

Spyder Garage

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Good morning and thanks for all the responses. The warranty fee/shipping is $12.00, the additional $8.95 was a shipping charge that was automatically added for purchases under $75; the $8.95 has been refunded to my CC. I appreciate them replacing it even though it was not purchased directly from them, and $12 isn't a budget buster; fingers crossed the other three keep on shining bright!

I can see that anything mounted on the fender is going to take a bit of a beating, hopefully the replacement holds up longer/for more miles.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-08-2023 at 08:54 AM. Reason: shinning... ;-)

Spyder Garage

+1 on the show chrome lights. I Find the sequential lights a little too much (flashy.. lol). I've been using these for a little over a year with no problems... I paired them with the matching Mirror lights...https://www.lamonstergarage.com/ambe...pyder-rt-2020/

Now when I turn on my directional lights everyone sees what I'm doing.. If they don't see me then they shouldn't be driving...
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

I went with the show chrome fender lights because there have been many issues posted here about Tric product failures.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    I went with the show chrome fender lights because there have been many issues posted here about Tric product failures.
    Yep, we have those as well. I will be installing the replacement fender led's as time permits. FYI, tricled did send the amber and red led lights for both fenders for the cost of shipping/handling.

Thanks for the replies.

Ride on!

Spyder Garage

Thank you for this information! I was about to get those and I'm not as handy installing these so I rely on the dealer. I had Tricled's original non-sequential lights on my 2015 F3S and they lasted for many years and thousands of miles...
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

2015 Can-Am Red F3-S, SE6
    CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Spyder Garage

oops, must have been a long day, we have the Show Chrome rear view signal/running lights. Sorry for the confusion, they have been trouble free.

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post