Spyder Garage

Default This May be the Solution to the Dreaded Battery Drain

I came across this on YouTube. Not that I need it, but it automatically shuts off power to connected accessories after the engine is shut down. Looks like a solution for anyone out there who might have battery drain problems. I ask though, does it draw more power if a tender/maintainer is hooked up at the same time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fodsjwm4v-w
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-07-2023 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Modified to reduce the misunderstanding ... %-/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After 4 minutes I lost all interest. With the dark glasses and all the BS talk, I'm out'a here. I've never had a "dreaded battery drain" anyway.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    After 4 minutes I lost all interest. With the dark glasses and all the BS talk, I'm out'a here. I've never had a "dreaded battery drain" anyway.
    I never had battery drain either, but some riders/owners aren't that lucky. I was Only thinking of Them when I posted it.

Spyder Garage

I've had zero battery drain issues. My bike sits still for 21 to 45 days at a time. No tender on it and it starts immediately every time.
    2019 Rally , Black with red panels

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm just guessing "canamryder'' has something, possibly an aftermarket item, attached to a hot lead or a worn through hot lead somewhere in the system. A tender/maintenance unit supplies power, it does not drain power. A leak in a loom is very hard to trace and I wish you luck in finding it. Just a simple 12v tester may be your best friend in locating the leak. Just start probing all the lines that should not be hot.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-07-2023 at 06:50 PM. Reason: warn trough... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I'm just guessing "canamryder'' has something, possibly an aftermarket item, attached to a hot lead or a worn through hot lead somewhere in the system. A tender/maintenance unit supplies power, it does not drain power. A leak in a loom is very hard to trace and I wish you luck in finding it. Just a simple 12v tester may be your best friend in locating the leak. Just start probing all the lines that should not be hot.
    I have had NO electrical problems with my 2019 Rally. Only problem is that in my #1 posting I should have worded it as "looks like A solution for anyone with battery drain problems" not "THE solution to me".
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-07-2023 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Miss read your #1 post I guess. Just trying to help.