Spyder Garage

Default How many quarts of coolant for the 1330?

There is a sale on BRP orange coolant at my dealer. It is $9.59 a quart. I have read through several threads now and they are contradictory. Is it 4 quarts total or 4 quarts and 1 extra for the overflow container, so 5 quarts? No need to buy an extra and have it sit around for 5 more years?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-06-2023 at 12:42 PM. Reason: tread... ;-)

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

After watching 2 different videos its about 3.5 fill up to cold line. Start and let fans run and put almost the rest of 4th quart in. So it is 4 quarts total.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    There is a sale on BRP orange coolant at my dealer. It is $9.59 a quart. I have read through several treads now and they are contradictory to each other. Is it 4 quarts total or 4 quarts and 1 extra for the overflow container so 5 quarts? No need to buy an extra and have it sit around for 5 more years.
    OR you could buy DEX-COOL ( container says for GM veh's. ) concentrate for about 1/2 that price ......Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    OR you could buy DEX-COOL ( container says for GM veh's. ) concentrate for about 1/2 that price ......Mike
    I know I can but to be honest, I have been all over out west Up/down and all around with the BRP orange coolant and never had any problems even on those 103-105 days days and even sitting on hot payment out there. For $50 it’s a pretty cheap date compared to oil etc. I will be pulling a mini mate this time so if I haven’t had any problems before I think I will stick with same stuff. Thanks for the recommendation.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    I know I can but to be honest, I have been all over out west Up/down and all around with the BRP orange coolant and never had any problems even on those 103-105 days days and even sitting on hot payment out there. For $50 it’s a pretty cheap date compared to oil etc. I will be pulling a mini mate this time so if I haven’t had any problems before I think I will stick with same stuff. Thanks for the recommendation.
    .... BRP does not MAKE anti-freeze .... one of the "Anti-freeze Coolant" makers does. BRP has them Label their A/F - coolant. The one I mentioned is marketed by Prestone, there are others ... DEX-COOL is a Specific FORMULATION of that product. Never mix any of them together .... Because I could never tell exactly how much was in my reservoir ('14 RT - it had never been changed) ..... last summer I had to add quite a bit because of "over-heating issues".... I added fluid till I could see it .... The system puked out the excess amount during the next ride .... PS; while stuck in 96° F traffic the temp gauge hit 125° F .. but the Spyder didn't over-heat .... DexCool works and saves (precious) money ..... JMHO ....Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-06-2023 at 09:00 PM. Reason: ° ;-)