Spyder Garage

Default Drag Racing at South Texas “Blaze in the Brush” bike gathering

Attended a “small” bike rally this afternoon here in Deep South Texas. JCS Performance out of McAllen was sponsoring the get-together, featuring 1/4mile drag racing. Racing classes included one for 3-wheeled vehicles only!! Saw 3 Vanderhalls, 2 Slingshots, one Ryker, and several Harley trikes in the pits. However, the only ones racing our class were me on my ‘17 F3-S Daytona, and a lady on a ‘20 R/T. Bracket-style racing with dial-ins. I prevailed in the eliminations, thanks in part to a much better reaction time to the “tree”. My Spyder ran a best of 13.60 sec @ 99 mph during the heat of the afternoon (96*F). Took some pics with my trophy at the sponsor’s booth, then headed out shortly afterward. Glad I did. Shortly after I left, a thunderstorm built up and headed right for that area. I got home (~55 miles away) to it sprinkling locally, but weather radar looked awfully red back toward the track. Had a great time, met lots of friendly folks, saw some really fast stock-looking Harleys (JCS must be doing A LOT of business!!) as well as hundreds of bikes of every stripe, and made it home without hurting the trike or rider!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BCNewell View Post
    Attended a “small” bike rally this afternoon here in Deep South Texas. JCS Performance out of McAllen was sponsoring the get-together, featuring 1/4mile drag racing. Racing classes included one for 3-wheeled vehicles only!! Saw 3 Vanderhalls, 2 Slingshots, one Ryker, and several Harley trikes in the pits. However, the only ones racing our class were me on my ‘17 F3-S Daytona, and a lady on a ‘20 R/T. Bracket-style racing with dial-ins. I prevailed in the eliminations, thanks in part to a much better reaction time to the “tree”. My Spyder ran a best of 13.60 sec @ 99 mph during the heat of the afternoon (96*F). Took some pics with my trophy at the sponsor’s booth, then headed out shortly afterward. Glad I did. Shortly after I left, a thunderstorm built up and headed right for that area. I got home (~55 miles away) to it sprinkling locally, but weather radar looked awfully red back toward the track. Had a great time, met lots of friendly folks, saw some really fast stock-looking Harleys (JCS must be doing A LOT of business!!) as well as hundreds of bikes of every stripe, and made it home without hurting the trike or rider!!
    ...good for you.... in 2014 at Spyderfest in Mo. ( they rented a 1/4 mile track for the day ) I picked up a trophy ( in my class ) with a 2011 RSS ..... had about 30 runs but honestly can't remember my actual times ..... I do remember I had very good reaction times and that really is the key to winning .... Mike