Spyder Garage

Default I want New Tail Lights - any info on how to proceed?

Hello! I am the happy owner of a Ryker '19 and the wife a '21. I want to change to the dark rear light to Slingshot Seal Eyes, but I have independent blinkers! How/where do I find parts/info on how to proceed? I want to remove the scary blinkers that are sitting there today! Anyone done this and got it together? I am sending a link on the tail lights I want on my European model:

https://www.slingmods.com/canam-ryke...ghts?vehicle=4

Or maybe someone knows what the male contacts are called/part number etc or where I bought them? Then I can buy female connectors and put them together myself without affecting the electrical system.

NOTE: must be for the European model!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-03-2023 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Hi Seger, and welcome to posting on the Forum. If your Euro-Spec Ryker is anything like our Australian/NZ Spec Rykers are, I reckon that you'll find once you get in to actually working on this, you'll just hafta remove the bits you DON'T want, and plug in the bits that you DO want!!

I say this because these things are effectively all made in the same way if not also place, and on our Oz spec Spyders & Rykers, which are VERY similar to the EU Spec Spyders and Rykers, all the extra bits like those 'independent blinkers' that you have (we have them too) are Plug'n'Play add-ons to the same basic wiring loom and frame assembly etc!!

So to fit those lights here, all that's usually needed is to take the 'independent blinkers' OFF; UnPlug them from the main loom; and then Plug In the a/mkt lights in exactly the same way they specify for the North American Spec Spyders/Rykers! I don't believe you'll need to worry about getting any 'extra' plugs or connectors - once you've got your EU Spec lights OFF, simply follow the directions from Slingshot to connect up their lights with the parts/wiring that they usually provide, cos if your Ryker is like our Rykers, all the wiring will still work without those extra 'independent blinkers' you get to meet your local regulations anyway!

Only you might want to watch out for that - sure, you can take them off, but will your Ryker be legal on the roads over there?? Here in Oz, we have pretty stringently applied (Nationally enforced) Australian Design Rules plus local State & Territory Laws that call for all these extra bits, and if we take them off, we run the risk of being fined; of the bike being 'defected' & not allowed to be used on the road until repaired (ie. trailer it home/to a place of repair! ); or if it's considered a serious enough defect/danger &/or you've been caught being naughty like this before, your bike may be impounded & possibly even crushed for multiple repeat offences!

So be careful what you do before checking with your local Authorities, you might find those 'independent blinkers' are mandatory where you are. Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-03-2023 at 02:46 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

It won't be legal, but I want to have blinkers in the rear light, which they have, but I think the cord is separate to the EU model. I'll have to check when I move the blinkers in properly.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seger View Post
    It won't be legal, but I want to have blinkers in the rear light, which they have, but I think the cord is separate to the EU model. I'll have to check when I move the blinkers in properly.
    The wiring will be separate out to the extended blinkers, but if your EU spec Ryker is like all the other 'non-North American' Rykers in this as it is in all the other similar 'add-on' & different lighting arrangements, then the main loom that those extensions plug into will be the same, as will the loom that goes to the rear lights you're trying to match. So once you've removed the add-on blinkers & installed the Slingshot North American versions, plugging/wiring them in as per their instructions, they should work fine! Might be red tho, but they'll flash as & when they should.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!