Thread: Rewaco is back

Spyder Garage

Default Rewaco is back

The Rewaco Trike is back being sold in the US. Very interesting.
    https://www.rewacousa.com/

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting .... I'd never seen one before ......AND I'M GLAD I HADN'T .....talk about Fugly ... it's worse than the HD trikes .....JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    They're all going the wrong way!! And it doesn't look like the pair of front wheels steer either - all the vids show them steering the BACK wheel... but I guess that's cos they're going the wrong way....

Not for me thanks! I might be annoyed by the poor execution of some of the great concepts in our Spyders, but I'm not ever going back to any trike with a front/steer wheel like that! Those things're unsafe at any speed!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Interesting platform, but like Peter and Mike, they are not my cup of tea, two in the front for me!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Hard to imagine any existing 'biker' wanting a machine that large and unwieldly. Maybe there's a few newbies in the USA that don't understand the physics of a standard trike in cornering and braking.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wonder if it has a differential for the rear axle???? Ugly for sure, heavy and probably unwieldy.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think I might go for that trike over the HD trike. Around my neck of the woods, there are several of the same style home built trikes using the VW motor and rear suspension system. Some are very impressive rides that seat two passengers side by side. They appear to be popular among older hog riders. It takes a lot of wrenching to build one of those.

Spyder Garage

At $50K? No thanks, my pockets ain't nearly that deep, and the thing is butt ugly anyway.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Designed as a trike, not an add-on to a bike. German engineering. If I was interested in a trike, I'd consider it over any others. But, I'm not.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 06-01-2023 at 03:28 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

That thing is Ginormous. Too much so for me. And, as a second opinion it is fugly. In it's favor........it does have three wheels.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Good starting design for a dump truck or small concrete mixer.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Well...................it's different!
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I don't know why it is. Maybe they look better in person. But they always remind me a a big mower without the deck...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I like it, what was the recent thread everyone was replying too about having no trouble converting from one bike to another. Nothing too it, but oh no I couldn't ride one of these within it's limits, wth! Harden up you guys what next, not climate change friendly
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

''Experts" say eating red meat makes the sun hot
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Looks like a big wheel and I can tell you, big wheels and I didn't get along when I was a kid. I didn't buy a HD trike because of it's non-safety factors. I like my Spyder. No worrying about corners or turns and due to the power steering, no need to fight the steering.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I have been looking at Rewaco trikes on YouTube and I like what I'm seeing. There is a Rewaco dealer in Fort Meyers, Florida and one of these days I intend to ride down there to get an up close and personal look at them. I know they are a lot more expensive than my Spyder RT LTD, but everybody that owns a Rewaco raves about the performance, storage and reliability of those trikes. TCRS = Take Care, Ride Safe.

Spyder Garage

If I sat in one of those, I would have to have a crane on call at every stop to get me out of the seat

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    If I sat in one of those, I would have to have a crane on call at every stop to get me out of the seat

Pete
    Go the three seater and hire a chauffeur

DISABLE
    CONVERSIONS
    When converting our vehicles, we basically deal with every form of physical disability and, together with you, work out a satisfying solution for your personal handicap. This applies to different degrees of physical disabilities. We offer customized options for individual solutions. We'll love to be the ones that'll give your wings back.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-03-2023 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

Spyder Garage

Its different, kind of a inverted Slingshot but still a motorcycle .

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

DISABLE
    CONVERSIONS
    When converting our vehicles, we basically deal with every form of physical disability and, together with you, work out a satisfying solution for your personal handicap. This applies to different degrees of physical disabilities. We offer customized options for individual solutions. We'll love to be the ones that'll give your wings back.
    Nice to see a manufacturer / dealer do that.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-03-2023 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Go the three seater and hire a chauffeur

DISABLE
    CONVERSIONS
    Cobwebs, true story……..I was once told by a disability evaluator, who was passing and saw me struggling to get into my car as the car next to me had parked on, rather than in, the car spot lane markings, that they could get me a disability sticker so I could park in a disability spot so I could get into my car without issue. Sometimes you wonder.

Pete
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-03-2023 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Cobwebs, true story……..I was once told by a disability evaluator, who was passing and saw me struggling to get into my car as the car next to me had parked on, rather than in, the car spot lane markings, that they could get me a disability sticker so I could park in a disability spot so I could get into my car without issue. Sometimes you wonder.

Pete
    Yeah, sometimes you DO wonder!

My Father, who in his prime would've made you look like an emaciated rake, Pete; in his later years had all sorts of mobility issues courtesy of his Service to our Country, but couldn't get a Disability Permit thru DVA for any or all of them, nor could he get one despite the strongest of recommendations from ALL his Doctors on the grounds of his 'service related injury mobility issues', but when his GP cracked a weed and in a very irate phone call to the 'issuing authority' (a small minded bureaucrat exercising his 'ability to reject' to its fullest extent! ) said GP juuust happened to mention Dad's size & weight, the Disability Permit was issued immediately!!

And today, 40 odd years later, I still run into that bloody bureaucrat's descendants in the DVA & elsewhere on a daily basis!

But even if I didn't, I still wouldn't own one of these Rewaco trikes! Nor any other conventional trike for that matter!

2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    They're all going the wrong way!! And it doesn't look like the pair of front wheels steer either - all the vids show them steering the BACK wheel... but I guess that's cos they're going the wrong way....

Not for me thanks! I might be annoyed by the poor execution of some of the great concepts in our Spyders, but I'm not ever going back to any trike with a front/steer wheel like that! Those things're unsafe at any speed!
    How would an ecu controlled rear brake nanny to steer into the corner go do you think? Possible aftermarket opportunity.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-03-2023 at 10:31 PM. Reason: ...ink.Poss... ;-)
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    How would an ecu controlled rear brake nanny to steer into the corner go do you think? Possible aftermarket opportunity.
    On them as designed/intended, with 2 wheels at the back?? I dunno, could be possible maybe, but viable?? Who knows?

But if they tried to use them the way I (tongue in cheek ) suggested, with the single steer wheel at the back, then I reckon it'd be a REALLY interesting exercise to actually develop the sensor & control suite to manage braked steering assist with 2 non-turning but braked front wheels and a turning steer wheel at the rear, and then try to make something like that work well, but probably wouldn't achieve it in a way that'd be anywhere NEAR viable as a commercial opportunity!!

Have you ever seen a Rear-Steer Fork-Lift modified for racing? I have, even driven one; but realized pdq that there's a pretty good bunch of reasons there's no competition like Drift, Sport Sedans, V8 Super Cars or F1 Racing for them, and why there's not a great call for such a competition either!!

Mind you, it was a lot of FUN... in fits & spurts, but aside from a few very brief spurts of traveling upright in any direction, all the contenders spent a lot of time lying on their sides waiting to be stood upright again.... From that experience, I'd suggest that relying on rear steer, with or without computer controlled braking assist on the non-steering front wheels for a relatively short wheel-based high CoG wheeled vehicle and traveling at any sort of speed would tend to make for a great time if you're into playing 'Dead Ants'.... but not much else! For those who've never played that particular game, it involves a whole lot of lying on your back waving your feet & arms in the air, and not really too much else!!

Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-03-2023 at 10:32 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!