Spyder Garage

Default Want an a/mkt exhaust with low tones & some volume - suggestions?

Hello everyone, first time posting. I just got my Spyder RT-L a few months ago and got all my mods installed. I have a Road King Classic. I just took my wife for her first ride on the Spyder. One of her responses to the ride was "I want rumble" lol, I told her that wasn't possible, but I was already looking into what I could do to make it sound as aggressive and throaty as possible. I've already done the cat delete pipe, that gave me a little volume. I was looking at the Two Brothers Exhaust, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger not knowing if it's the best fit for what I'm looking for. I want to get the lowest tones with some volume. Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-30-2023 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

I've done a Cat Delete with an Akrapovic exhaust and liked the sound. Also found that Heat wrapping the Cat delete and tuned pipe helped sound as well.
    Have heard Two Brothers and RLS Exhaust have some that are a bit louder.
    https://www.rlsexhaust.com/
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MillBilly View Post
    Hello everyone, first time posting. I just got my Spyder RT-L a few months ago and got all my mods installed. I have a Road King Classic. I just took my wife for her first ride on the Spyder. One of her responses to the ride was "I want rumble" lol, I told her that wasn't possible, but I was already looking into what I could do to make it sound as aggressive and throaty as possible. I've already done the cat delete pipe, that gave me a little volume. I was looking at the Two Brothers Exhaust, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger not knowing if it's the best fit for what I'm looking for. I want to get the lowest tones with some volume. Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.
    IMHO the only engine that sounds like an HD is an HD ..... you can get lots of LOUD mufflers or straight pipes, but they will never duplicate the sound of an HD ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I started a similar thread for my 2017 RTL. I liked Two Brothers and the RT Crusher from RLS exhaust. Cannot really decide which one. Akrapovic is too expensive.

2017 Spyder RTL

Mods
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    Mesh Intake covers
    LED Skidplate
    LED Headlights and Foglights
    TricLED Dual Color LED A-Arm Running Light Strips with Blinker
    12V Cell Phone / GPS Docking Station with Dual USB Charge Ports
    Quick detatch backrest
    Show Chrome RT Trunk Rack
    Show Chrome Short Spiral Radio Antenna
    Custom Airbrushed paint with ghost flames