Spyder Garage

Default Any recommendations on where to get 2012 RT-S SM5 service manuals?

I recently acquired a 2012 RT-S SM5. With all of my past motorcycles I usually kept a service manual on hand for troubleshooting and for determining if a repair or service should be done at the dealer or if I could handle it. More often than not these were Clymer manuals.

Clymer does not publish one for the Spyder. Are there any recommendations on where I can find a reliable and accurate service manual for my new favorite ride?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-30-2023 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joeRsmith View Post
    I recently acquired a 2012 RT-S SM5. With all of my past motorcycles I usually kept a service manual on hand for troubleshooting and for determining if a repair or service should be done at the dealer or if I could handle it. More often than not these were Clymer manuals.

Clymer does not publish one for the Spyder. Are there any recommendations on where I can find a reliable and accurate service manual for my new favorite ride?

Thanks!
    A paper one ( if they even sell them anymore - I doubt it ) would be about $ 150.00 ....They have them on disc's or download .... Try green manuals .... Mike .....PS there are others

Spyder Garage

You could download a manual online to your computer; copy it on to a thumb drive; take it to Office Depot or the like and have them print it out on a spiral binder.
    We did that several times with various manuals.
    So nice to have a print-out to refer to.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

I bought mine from GreatRepairManuals.com and usually only print the pages I need as I'm doing maintenance, The printed pages go in a binder with tabs
    https://greatrepairmanuals.com/produ...an-am-spyders/
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage