Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Have you noticed Sirius XM song selections are messed up?

Have you noticed that whoever PROGRAMS the songs has Totally screwed up the selections !!!! .... I only ( used to ) listen to OLDIES R & R .... 50's - 60's - 70's ..... Well they no longer play R & R .... they are mostly Cr*p from the Hit Parade ....the stuff my parents and grandparents listened to.... . I 'm not going to re-instate my subscription .... how about you ????? ...................Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-28-2023 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)

Spyder Garage

I no longer use them on the RT because I don't ride with tunes and wife has others sources she listens to, but she still has it in her car. She listens to a couple of the country stations and I have noticed they seem to be stuck on a very small library of songs. During a recent drive of just more than an hour I heard the same tune three times.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

The 60'S music is on Channel # 73.

Also the 70's music on Channel # 74.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sirius came built in to our truck. But after the teaser period they wanted to jack is us up to a $200/month premium plan with streaming. We only use it for NPR and a few C&W stations when we're on long trips, so I tried canceling. They offered me a one-year rate of about $75 that would automatically renew at $200, so I did it. It recently came up for renewal (I had it in my calendar for a week before) and called them to cancel. They offered to keep me on the current plan at the $6 per month rate, so I took it.

Yes, the stations repeat their programming after 1-2 hours, but I just switch stations or stream Spotify ($10/month).
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I use it only for the NASCAR channel and maybe a few sports games. I do the cancel renew conversation every year to get the $6 month rate.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Sirius came built in to our truck. But after the teaser period they wanted to jack is us up to a $200/month premium plan with streaming. We only use it for NPR and a few C&W stations when we're on long trips, so I tried canceling. They offered me a one-year rate of about $75 that would automatically renew at $200, so I did it. It recently came up for renewal (I had it in my calendar for a week before) and called them to cancel. They offered to keep me on the current plan at the $6 per month rate, so I took it.

Yes, the stations repeat their programming after 1-2 hours, but I just switch stations or stream Spotify ($10/month).
    For the past 5 years I've only paid the $ 5.00 per month ( except $ 6.00 last year ) Rate .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    The 60'S music is on Channel # 73.

Also the 70's music on Channel # 74.

Deanna
    Last year & the previous 5 years .... Oldie's from the 50's and 60's were R & R, not the cr*p they are playing now. .... Now you get 50's & 60's hit parade tunes & elevator music. I don't consider Rosemary Clooney, Perry Como, Al Martino, or the Mcguire Sisters to be candidates for the R & R hall of fame .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Last year & the previous 5 years .... Oldie's from the 50's and 60's were R & R, not the cr*p they are playing now. .... Now you get 50's & 60's hit parade tunes & elevator music. I don't consider Rosemary Clooney, Perry Como, Al Martino, or the Mcguire Sisters to be candidates for the R & R hall of fame .... Mike
    Even music choice that I get with spectrum cable has gone wonky, I listen to classic rock and metal and now I'm getting ''pop'' songs from the 90' & 2000's tossed in the mix on both stations.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like the two channels they have now. “The Blend” & “The Bridge”. Just the right music for my age.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I like the two channels they have now. “The Blend” & “The Bridge”. Just the right music for my age.
    "The Bridge" works for me.
    2023 Ryker Rally - Heritage White III
    Sport Windshield
    GPS Holder

Spyder Garage

I like the 50's, 60's, 70's channels along with classic vinyl and the bridge.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

Never renewed Sirius after the trial period. I use You tube Music and Amazon Music, so I can pick and choose what I want to listen to, not what some idiot thinks I want to listen to. Oh, and country music ain't country music anymore, at least not what I grew up with. Have you ever heard "country rap"? It will make your head hurt.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    Never renewed Sirius after the trial period. I use You tube Music and Amazon Music, so I can pick and choose what I want to listen to, not what some idiot thinks I want to listen to. Oh, and country music ain't country music anymore, at least not what I grew up with. Have you ever heard "country rap"? It will make your head hurt.
    Willie's Roadhouse is pretty authentic.
    2014 RTL Platinum