Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I would rather be on 2 wheels. To me they are way more fun. Anyway a lot of mature folks like me have some type of health issues that kinda forces use onto something other than 2 wheels. My Dad told me a long time ago, Do things now cus your health will get you later. He was correct. At least I can continue down the road in the open air-more safely.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Spyder Garage

I don't know about seniors - I'm not 60 yet. before buying my 2014 RTS, we "test sat" F3Ls and RTs. The wife much preferred the passenger accommodations on the RT, so that's what we have. I got a chance to ride an F3L at the Can-Am Experience a month or so ago and I was underwhelmed. I think if I had bought one first I might love it, but I prefer the riding position of my RT. I don't love the seat, but at the moment an Airhawk is allowing me to ride longer.

I like the feel of the newer RTs, but couldn't convince myself to shell out the $$$ for one never having ridden it.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    Don't put me in the senior category if I gotta ride a big, heavy bike. I am 73 now. Rode sport bikes and dirt bikes most of my life. I rode Harleys for about 30 years, before I bought the Spyder, but never the over-weight, full dressers. I always owned the 1200 cc Sportsters, which were fairly fast, and light weight. The Sportsters handled a lot better and were faster than most of the full dress Harleys. Never owned a dresser, and never wanted one. When I bought a Spyder, it was the F3-S, lighter weight, and plenty of power. One of my legs is amputated at the knee, and the other one has a bad knee joint with steel pins in it, so it can't be replaced. I have no problem getting on and off of the F3-S. Have no problem with the seat size. If you are waiting for me to get old enough to buy a full dressed touring machine, keep on waiting. I probably did more touring on the 750 Sport Bikes and the Harley Sportsters than most people ever do on machines with saddle bags and a trunk. I been riding since about 1962 and have no plans to stop before they throw dirt on me.
    Hey youngster.... I also have an F3 but I have bags on it I started riding in 1956

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Hey youngster....I started riding in 1956
    Dave, you have me beat by 3 years....I started riding in 1959.

Oops, guess we sort of got off topic....SORRY!

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    Dave, you have me beat by 3 years....I started riding in 1959.

Oops, guess we sort of got off topic....SORRY!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Hey youngster.... I also have an F3 but I have bags on it I started riding in 1956
    I got a nylon bag that is usually strapped on the Pax seat. Got a couple small leather saddle bags just big enough to hold a rain suit, but hardly ever put them on. The frunk and the tank bag hold a lot more stuff than I am used to riding with. There is a larger bag that could go on the pax seat in the shop, that was used on the Harley trike for longer trips, but never had it on the Spyder. There is no permanent luggage on it. Got plenty of bags I could use on it, if I need to.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver