Spyder Garage

Default Anyone know of a connector for Action Camera power and mic?

Mounted an Action Camera, specifically a DJI Osmo Action III, on the dash of my Spyder. Looking for a connector that will allow me to power the camera and attach a remote mic at the same time. Any help would be appreciated. I know DJI makes it for earlier camera versions, anyone know if they will work with this version? Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-26-2023 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Davgill2002 View Post
    Mounted an Action Camera, specifically a DJI Osmo Action III, on the dash of my Spyder. Looking for a connector that will allow me to power the camera and attach a remote mic at the same time. Any help would be appreciated. I know DJI makes it for earlier camera versions, anyone know if they will work with this version? Thank you very much.
    From what I found online, that camera only has one external connection port on the camera itself, that being a USB-C port. So to use an external mic, you'd need to pick up an adapter, such as the BY-K4. The camera seems to support use while charging, so technically you could connect the camera to an external power source that supports USB-C output, but then there would be no way to connect an external mic. So it seems to me you can have one or the other, but not both.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

The earlier DJI action series did support both at the same time, but the Osmo 3 does not state whether it will or not. Thank you.

Spyder Garage

Save your battery and record in 1080. I get 28 minutes in 4k and 120 minutes in 1080 on my Akasio camera.