Spyder Garage

Default Anyone had a problem with a new crossover pipe on a 17 RT? What else could it be?

Has anyone had a problem with a new crossover pipe on a 17 RT? I have about 700 miles on it since instillation. Last night I stopped for gas and when I restarted it, it sounded like the pipe had come apart. Got under it this evening and everything is tight and looks like I think it should, but it still sounds like the pipe came apart. I HAVE NO CLUE! Any help would be appreciated.......Oh, I am going to go ahead and ride it until I can find an answer.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-20-2023 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Are you sure your springs are still in place and in good condition? Those exhaust donuts usually last a very long time. And you're sure the leak is around the donut?
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Are you sure your springs are still in place and in good condition? Those exhaust donuts usually last a very long time. And you're sure the leak is around the donut?
    Riffing on what Ron said, make sure you have all three springs at the front. Following his suggestion, I dropped the cat converter and the pipe in front of it, put the springs on, then put the whole thing back. Also it is possible to put those joints together without the donut. So please make sure you really have what you think you have.
    Chip
    2020 RTL
    "Stella by Starlight"
    UltraGard Full Cover, Front & Rear Cup Holders, Elka Stage 2 Rear Shock, TC & Dave Signal Button, Spyder Extras Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Yes, the springs are there, they are tight, and everything looks good. I let it cool down and there was nothing in any of the line of exhaust that I could move by hand.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-21-2023 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

Start it up cold and run your hand around in the vicinity of the noise, (carefully as it will heat up fast). It is not necessary, or advisable, to actually touch anything. You're just looking for air movement to pinpoint the leak.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...