Spyder Garage

Default Is there already a Trailer wire harness connection?

On a 2014 RTS, I noticed there is a fuse that says trailer; does anyone know if the wiring for the trailer connection is in the bike somewhere?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-24-2023 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Unless the previous owner installed a wiring harness, you don't have one. It's an optional item.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Under the seat there is a panel under which there is a connector that is meant to be "decoupled" to allow a trailer harness to be inserted between the two connectors on the '17 RTL, it may exist on the RTS. The picture below shows the approx location of the cover under the seat on another model
    cover.JPG

One of the pins is an Active from the battery, the rest are the required circuits for indicator/brake/tail lights. I used one of these from Amazon for the plug wiring.
    Relay.JPG
    Last edited by askitee; 05-28-2023 at 05:49 PM.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post
    Under the seat there is a panel under which there is a connector that is meant to be "decoupled" to allow a trailer harness to be inserted between the two connectors on the '17 RTL, it may exist on the RTS. The picture below shows the approx location of the cover under the seat on another model
    cover.JPG

One of the pins is an Active from the battery, the rest are the required circuits for indicator/brake/tail lights. I used one of these from Amazon for the plug wiring.
    Relay.JPG
    Thanks, I have a look at that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

One of our sponsors offers this plug-and-play harness https://www.lamonstergarage.com/trai...019-lamonster/

If you have a 4-wire trailer plug you will also need https://www.lamonstergarage.com/trai...019-lamonster/

Otherwise you will have to make your own 5-to-x harness.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rideaway View Post
    Thanks, I have a look at that.
    I also made the harness - our trailer connectors use 7 pins. I bought the required deutsche fittings from AliExpress to maintain the waterproof connections - it looks the part and has been very reliable.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White