Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Sure you can. But I'd bounce that one off your insurance agent first if I was you.
    If that's the case Y'all better tell the insurance companies your running car tires and not the ones recommended by BRP Can Am.

Adding the button blocker is no different that adding a cold air intake or doing a primary muffler delete or adding a custom tune to the ECU or exhaust or any other modification to the trike/car/truck/SUV/motorcycle/jeep you or the bank owns.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

if anyone else has a corbin on a F3 did the switch stop working after installing it?

Mine has never detected 2 up and it has a little circle cut out filled with foam where the switch sits into on the pan. It came from corbin like this.

And if you are familiar with a corbin you have to move the seat latch to a new position in order for it to work.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Time to leave her home alone or get a new wife. If she is going to ride on the Spyder, then what Peter says is what she needs to do.
    I can't she knows where the bodies are buried.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    When I got my bike, the first thing I found was I didn't like all of the body roll the bike had in the corners, that was the first thing that had to go! I got a BajaRon bar, what a difference it made. But it was not the total package, my front end still wasn't right, it felt soft and not connected to the road, so I adjusted my shocks to the top, because that's all you could do with the piece of crap shocks that came on a 2012 RTL at the time, it helped a little more but still wasn't right. Got a set of aftermarket shocks from Elka, oh yea that was just what the doctor ordered. And now I am waiting to put the icing on the cake, as soon as the front tires wear out, with a set of car tires. Things have changed a little from 2012, but some things haven't, they still like to not give us a real good suspension under our bikes, and we have to tweak them to fit our way of riding. You drive different than me, so really only you can decide how far down the rabbit hole you need to go. But what I can say is, you're heading the right way in my book, do one step at a time and ride it a while to give it a chance. You still haven't told us what year you're riding, so it hard to tell what you may need from here, but you will see a change with the bar!!!
    I'm riding a 2022 RTL. I had a 2012 and then a 2018.
    On my 2012 I replaced the shocks with a higher pound spring and it was a much better ride. I don't remember the pressure of the spring but I think it was a 175 pound, but I could be wrong. It rode much higher and more responsive.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    But of course, the FIRST-best way to reduce the chances of a riding incident while riding 2-up is for you as the rider/pilot/operator to take your pillion passenger's comfort and safety into account and ride accordingly, even if it means you need to slow down a little &/or go easier on your cornering! These Spyders are really great for that tho, cos they have more stopping power and better stability thru the corners, so you can still ride reasonably spiritedly in the straight bits, then brake for the corners, maybe earlier or possibly a bit later but harder; steer your way thru the corner at a slower speed without too much concern for loss of traction or comfort etc due to the extra stability provided by 3 Wheels, especially if the surface isn't ideal; and then get on the gas earlier going out - so effectively you can ride as hard or harder on the straights, only end up doing all your cornering gentler for your pillion passenger's comfort, but you spend less time braking & off the gas than just about anything else on the road could do trying the same thing, and that way you can maintain a fairly good 'average speed' while still looking after your pillion.... Mind you, all the earlier or harder braking to slow down a bit more than you would otherwise followed by quickly getting on the gas again, quite likely sooner & maybe a little harder in order to get back up to speed may well cut into your fuel economy a fair bit, cos your best fuel economy will be achieved by minimising any of that sorta thing and aiming to smoothly maintain the best speed you can while keeping your engine revs in the guts of its most efficient Rev range in the highest gear you can pull for the given road speed...

So there's your choices - either your pillion becomes more involved & thereby possibly more comfortable/less concerned about the reduced forces acting to throw her off during cornering too; or you adjust your riding style to cater for her need for slower cornering. Either way it's a bit of a trade-off for someone isn't it!

Good Luck!
    That's pretty much the way I ride now. We just did a 300 mile ride yesterday and a 100 mile ride today and that is basically how I always do it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    If that's the case Y'all better tell the insurance companies your running car tires and not the ones recommended by BRP Can Am.

Adding the button blocker is no different that adding a cold air intake or doing a primary muffler delete or adding a custom tune to the ECU or exhaust or any other modification to the trike/car/truck/SUV/motorcycle/jeep you or the bank owns.
    There's a huge difference between intentionally bypassing designed in safety systems and modifying other subsystems that don't directly affect safety. Intake mods, muffler mods, custom tunes, etc., do not directly affect or bypass safety systems. As to the tires, the stock Kendas ARE indeed car tires as defined by the DOT "J" wheel specification, which the Spyder has, and is actually molded into the sidewall of every Kenda tire mounted on Spyders. If you look closely at your sidewalls, you'll see the statement that these tires are ONLY to be used on "J" rim wheels, which again, are car wheels, not motorcycle wheels. The pillion rider switch signals to the Spyder computers that a passenger is present. This signal modifies numerous conditions, not the least of which are the VSS system and the ABS system.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

There's a huge difference between intentionally bypassing designed in safety systems and modifying other subsystems that don't directly affect safety. Intake mods, muffler mods, custom tunes, etc., do not directly affect or bypass safety systems. As to the tires, the stock Kendas ARE indeed car tires as defined by the DOT "J" wheel specification, which the Spyder has, and is actually molded into the sidewall of every Kenda tire mounted on Spyders. If you look closely at your sidewalls, you'll see the statement that these tires are ONLY to be used on "J" rim wheels, which again, are car wheels, not motorcycle wheels. The pillion rider switch signals to the Spyder computers that a passenger is present. This signal modifies numerous conditions, not the least of which are the VSS system and the ABS system.
    I'm glad you feel that way, I for one do not need the government safety police interfering with MY ride.

I for one know how to ride without all the safety police BS. Heck I owned a Kawasaki H2 for 7 years and I'm still here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    I'm glad you feel that way, I for one do not need the government safety police interfering with MY ride.

I for one know how to ride without all the safety police BS. Heck I owned a Kawasaki H2 for 7 years and I'm still here.
    I dunno that it's actually 'the gub'mint' Safety Police, Slice?! Not that I object to it too much now my ECU has been Upgraded & after the other mods I've done, but I believe this Passenger Sensor/Switch thing under the Pillion seat is a BRP/Can-Am imposition/innovation that's been designed & installed by Can-Am, probably at the behest of their legal team, on the assumption that if they didn't rein you in a bit (or a whole freakin' lot! ) then you might just enjoy yourself on your Spyder!!

It's pretty much the same with the restricted power output that's all we are permitted to wring from our factory spec Spyder/Ryker engine tunes - these very same engines that in other applications &/or motorbikes are putting out almost TWICE the power, but heaven forbid that Spyder/Ryker owners get access to THAT MUCH power We might hurt ourselves, and apparently someone at BRP doesn't want the slightest risk of that happening!

And to all those who believe that the reason for the power restriction is something to do with satisfying on-road emission rules, then how the heck do the 'other' motorcycles that use these same engines on the road get away with letting their owners access so much more power then?? How come they too aren't as molly-coddled & restricted as we are??

Good thing there ARE some talented a/mkt modifiers & engine tuners/ECU Upgrade Guru's out there! Even better that I found one!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-29-2023 at 02:28 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

I still say it's dangerous when I'm accelerating up an on ramp and it cuts off power( left hand turns are the worst at intersections ) and my wife slams head slams into the back of my head.

Maybe you'd have a different outlook if you've come close to being rear-ended by a lifted pick-up truck or any other vehicle.

I've said it before here in Florida you go or get run over.

You keep your safety equipment in tact and I'll disable all of mine to make MY ride suite me.