Spyder Garage

Default Anybody Know what this pin plug might be for?

What this pin plug might be for? It is on the right side (brake pedal side) right at the seam and to the rear of the gas tank. 2017 RTS

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...OLlfoRkbAuZr_c
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-23-2023 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Dwight,
    I'm getting a 404 error and can't look at your picture.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    What this pin plug might be for? It is on the right side (brake pedal side) right at the seam and to the rear of the gas tank. 2017 RTS

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Dwight,
    I'm getting a 404 error and can't look at your picture.
    Same here, ThreeWheels!

Oldguy (& anyone else wanting to add images) if you've got the image loaded onto your PC, phone, a linked camera, or whatever device you use to access the Forum OR you have the URL to the image & you are legally entitled to share it, then rather than simply linking the URL as you have here ^^in a way that requires any interested readers either to be a member of a site or to log on to another site, you should instead upload the image to the Forum as an attachment to your post do that all can see it, initially as a thumbnail; and then regardless of their device &/or the size of the screen they may be using, they can then click on it and expand it to view.

You can do this by scrolling down past the text box when you're starting a new thread/adding a post in reply to a thread until you see the 'Manage Attachments' button. Click on that, then either upload the image from your device in the top section of the page opened; or add the URL & upload it to the system via the second section of that page- the third section of that 'Manage Attachments' page shows all the acceptable file types and their maximum sizes. Please note that, due to the display constraints of some devices, if you want every potential reader to be able to see your posts with images in them, you should restrict each post to showing NO MORE than 6 images. If you have more than 6 images you want to display, simply submit the first six in one post, then add another post of no more than 6 images, and so on...

Drop me a PM if you need a hand getting this done, or search for and follow any of the numerous posts already on the Forum detailing the step by step process.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Weird, I can see it when I click on it. The image is in the cloud, not on my phone or computer. I can't find "manage attachments" anywhere. I'll try it another way.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z6NpASV8RZuSkQMy9

Oops! Sorry I posted it twice. Brain dead today after celebrating (Read Vodka Martinis) the wife's birthday last night.
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 05-24-2023 at 10:49 AM.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Might be your ambient temperature sensor. Sure looks like others I've seen.
    Last edited by Valkrocket; 05-24-2023 at 11:14 AM. Reason: addition
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Shared with bud, says:
    “That's part of the stereo system
    That looks like it was added to the bike it doesn't look factory.
    The factory wires will run together not by there self.”

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Yes, it looks like an audio input of some kind.
    Maybe it's for the GPS.
    Later models of the RT eliminated the hard wired connection of the GPS.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Yes, it looks like an audio input of some kind.
    Maybe it's for the GPS.
    Later models of the RT eliminated the hard wired connection of the GPS.
    This well could be. I could never understand the rationale behind having the GPS connector under the seat.
    Chip
    2020 RTL
    "Stella by Starlight"
    UltraGard Full Cover, Front & Rear Cup Holders, Elka Stage 2 Rear Shock, TC & Dave Signal Button, Spyder Extras Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Shared with bud, says:
    “That's part of the stereo system
    That looks like it was added to the bike it doesn't look factory.
    The factory wires will run together not by there self.”
    The bike was bought new, had 9 miles on it, so I don't think it was something that was added, although you never know. I'm not really motivated to chase it down to find out. Would rather ride it than spend a day taking it apart, following the wire, finding out that it's not going to anything that I would care about, then putting everything back together. I was looking for the easy way out.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post

That is for the GPS audio input into the audio system. You should find a power connector close by also. They plug into the GPS harness that comes with the BRP GPS option. I have the audio output from my tablet connected to it as I use the Sygic GPS app on it

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)