Spyder Garage

Default Memorial Day Weekend Ride

Leaving Saturday early morning to ride over to the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa Iowa. There are 5 HD's, one HD Trike, and our Spyder taking two lanes from north-central IL over. The plan is to spend some time at the museum (which is closing in September - go see it if you can!), spend some money at JP Cycles, I want new gloves, and maybe different drink holders if they have any we like, then lunch in town.

From there, two HD's, the HD Trike, and our Spyder are going north to Galena IL for dinner and shopping, Mrs. Jesster wants a new vest, and then overnight in Dubuque. Maybe a little more shopping on Sunday morning, and then ride home.

Weather is showing absolutely perfect conditions.

I'll post up pictures next week, but wanted to get this out there if anyone was going to be around those areas, I'll bewatching for Spyders!
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Hope you folks have a great time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Well, two things. Weather was perfect, and I really sucked it up taking pictures this go-'round. By the time early Sat morning rolled around, we were down to 2 HD's, the HD trike, and our Spyder.

We left at 0800-ish and took off on two-lanes for about 150 miles to the Nation Motorcycle Museum. We stopped by a HD dealership in Sterling IL, I think - wasn't that interested but one of the guys wanted a chip from there - then stopped in Fulton IL to see a windmill made in Holland (my first fail at picture taking - missed that opportunity).

At the museum, we paid our dues and walked through, very interesting history, and a lot of cool bikes. I recommend visiting before September if you can. Had lunch at Scooter's. A very serviceable bar and grill. Tons of bikes, and a Spyder pulled in as we were leaving - didn't get a chance to see who it belonged to. Next stop was J&P Cycles to browse. Still looking to replace the drink holder for my wife - we have the swivel one, and not digging it (I know I have to do a search to find recommendations). Only good thing is I got out of there spending zero dollars.

After that - one couple had to return home, so one bike and two trikes headed up to Dubuqe to check into our B&B. Located on a hill overlooking the Mississippi. Wonderful old house, the propriator was fantastic, and located only 20 minutes from Galena. After check in, we headed into Galena for shopping and dinner. Spent way too much at Union Leathers, my wife getting the vest she wanted, I got 2 pair of gloves and a new leather jacket (off the sale rack, but still wasn't expecting it). Lovely dinner at the Italian restauraunt "Vinny Vanucci's," here is another picture fail - didn't get a picture of the group. Stopped at one of the chocolate shopps to get dessert for the B&B, and at the cigar shop for something for me after dessert. Here I did remember to get a picture of the bikes that made it to Galena. Sad. I am ususally better than this.

Sunday, headed out after a wonderful breakfast, and I caught this picture of the clock square in Dubuque in our way out. That is it - other than a few selfies, which I won't bother you with. We hit a bunch of two-lanes on the way home, courtesy of our friend on the HD trike. They are well versed in finding fun, out of the way roads, even in Illinois. We found a car show in Mt. Carroll IL, and you guessed it - no pictures other than selfies.

We had a blast, and looking forward to riding with our friends again, hopefully soon.

(I promise there will be more and better pics of PA and SD. We do tend to document our tours very well, just missed it this time.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jesster72; 05-30-2023 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Fix picture orientation.
    2022 Sea to Sky