Spyder Garage

Default Need to get more slack wiring for Helibar Install - anyone else? Solutions?

I am trying to install Helibars on my 2022 Sea to Sky. I am having problems finding enough slack in the cable on the right-hand side of the bike. I had enough slack to get the control on the bar but can't get enough to get the bottom cuff re-installed. Has anyone else had that problem and did you find a solution?

Thanks for any ideas in advance.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-21-2023 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HastingsRider View Post
    I am trying to install Helibars on my 2022 Sea to Sky. I am having problems finding enough slack in the cable on the right-hand side of the bike. I had enough slack to get the control on the bar but can't get enough to get the bottom cuff re-installed. Has anyone else had that problem and did you find a solution?

Thanks for any ideas in advance.
    I would contact " Helibars " they should provide some info on where and how to get more Slack .... WQaaaaaaay back I installed " dog bone risers " on my GS .... I found more slack by digging into the bike and cutting some " Wire Ties " ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't pull too hard. There is a zip tie holding the extra wire on the right side. I found it when I installed my helibars. I think you have to remove the body panel on the right side to see it and access it. I remember pulling my glove box out, but I think you can get to it with the right side panel off. It is near the brake reservoir if I remember correctly.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

We pulled the right side panel off. There was a WAD of extra wire with a thin plastic clip around it. Cut the clip, got all the wire we needed.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Yeah on that right side - take the top side panel off and follow the wire bundle down from the top...you'll eventually find a clip or whatever attaching it - it'll be up high and in a bit and hard to see. I had to reach it with my cutters. Snip it and the bundle will be free to pull out enough.

Spyder Garage

There is an installation video on the Helibars website and they mentioned that the right panel needs to come off if there isn't enough slack and mentioned extra wire being clipped up in there, as mentioned above. Although, they didn't need to do it for their installation. That might have been a Spyder F3 they were using for the video.
    2022 Sea to Sky , Mystery Blue