Spyder Garage

Default motorcycle and atv shops shuting down..no one wants can-am

some of my atv,motorcycle shops in town is closed soon.Lots of different shops from 15 yrs+.Nobody wanted can-am so they are done here.The other shops said there is no money in can-am.Guess its the sign of bad times and toys just cost too much.

Spyder Garage

Honda shop just closed the next town over from us - never sold spyders but they sold seadoos. Just went by it today - gates all locked up - very sad. Yep, many people can't afford toys like they used to - it all goes for the basic necessities now in this economy.

Quote Originally Posted by hondaman View Post
    some of my atv,motorcycle shops in town is closed soon.Lots of different shops from 15 yrs+.Nobody wanted can-am so they are done here.The other shops said there is no money in can-am.Guess its the sign of bad times and toys just cost too much.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hondaman View Post
    Not sure it has anything to do w/Can Am.

Government reports a 10%+ unemployment rate; actual, counting everyone, is 17.5%+/-

Few are able to buy toys, especially if they've never saved any of their income. Cash is (still) king!
    Happy Spyder Owner - 2008 Millennium Yellow PE #2475
    HID lights, fog lights, Hindle exhaust, heated grips, anti-vibe bars, passenger extension pegs, BRP custom seat, seat cowl, sport rack/backrest, BRP saddlebags, CHAD black/smoke windshield, outdoor cover, Garmin Quest GPS, Rear axel billets.

Spyder Garage

Downunder, motorcycle shops seem to be in a bit of a turmoil too. Major manufacturers are putting the screws on franchisees (floor stock, parts stock, signage etc.) such that several have given up franchises. Some dealers who were poorly managed or not prepared for a downturn have gone bust. Servicing and parts appear to be booming. BRP has quite a large network in Australia for servicing of all products (boats, Can-am 2 wheelers, ATVs, SeaDoos and SkiDoos). A smaller network exists for sales but generally it's not possible to buy a SeaDoo and a SkiDoo at same dealer. Initially, Spyders seemed to be sold in ATV/SeaDoo dealers. Now they are expanding to dealers that sell and service Rotax powered vehicles or other sports V-Twins, which is the opposite of other manufacturers. However, multi-franchising is dominating. It's the single franchise dealers that are giving up.
    ɹəpunuʍop ɯoɹɟ oʞɔıp

Spyder Garage

There were four dealers in the Columbus, Ohio area. I dropped by one last week and found the place was closed down. The other three locations are all owned by the same family, so there's really only one dealer left in town.

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Spyder Garage

Yep, very sad Good people too!

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Hope and Change..............

It is unfortunate, two friends of ours were salesmen there.......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I called my dealer today to find out why they hadn't called to schedule my update. They said they still didn't have the parts and I said it had been 6 weeks since the parts and software was available. Service manager said they had problems and couldnt get the parts from BRP and they had to go to another source. This is from a dealer that's been around for a long time and is the only dealer in town.
    Makes me nervous.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

"We live in the greatest country in the world, stand with me while I change it."
    Longlegs rides again.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

It is unfortunate, two friends of ours were salesmen there.......
    I changed my shorts today

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    Who with?
    ɹəpunuʍop ɯoɹɟ oʞɔıp

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dicko View Post
    Who with?

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder: