Spyder Garage

Default 2022 Comfort Seat isn't! Any more comfortable suggestions?

I have a 2022 Sea to Sky which came with the heated comfort seat as standard. I previously had a 2019 RTL that I had an Ultimate seat installed. I could do 1000 mile days with the 2019. Took my first long ride on the 2022 this past week, 1400 miles in five days. From my rears perspective the Comfort seat is anything but comfortable. Have any of your tried alternatives. I see that Ultimate makes a seat for the 2020 and up models but their web site makes it appear to be a one-piece seat and the factory seat is two-piece. Anyway, do any of you have suggestions for a more comfortable ride?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-11-2023 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

I'm saving my pennies for a Corbin seat.
    I find the sea 2 sky no better than the stock RT-l

Spyder Garage

I'm either getting a Corbin or a Russell-DayLong.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Personally I'd go with Russel or Lamm. I've had hit or miss with Corbin - loved it on an ST1100, hated it on a CB750. And then there's the cost and weight. Corbin seats are HEAVY, so unless you opt for the gas door, you'll need a stronger seat strut or some kind of prop rod.

My brother is getting a Russel done for his Goldwing. Admittedly, he's getting lower end materials - vinyl and no custom stitching or anything, but still with shipping his seat out there, he's paying around $1100. About the same (or less depending on options) than a corbin. Russel guarantees you'll like it, and will even make one free set of adjustments.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

I got a Corbin for my 2022 RT this spring. Had one on my 2014 (and on a Triumph). Been very pleased. They are "stiff" and break in over time.

Good luck!

Bob
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You haven't said what you find uncomfortable about the stock seat, so who's to say what will work best for you?

BTW, there is already a wealth of information on this topic. In addition to expensive custom seats, there are ways to make your stock seat more comfortable, depending on the issue you're having. MotorcycleDave sells a very cost-effective solution, I think. https://www.motorcycledave.com/

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...archid=3897207
    Last edited by UtahPete; 05-12-2023 at 12:49 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I put a Corbin on my 2022RTL. Huge improvement, a little wider than stock, etc. I've always upgraded to Corbin seats so I'm used to them.

I considered the Russel but didn't want to ship the seat off to be modified. This way I can just put the stock seat back if I ever sell the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Your solution may be as simple as an Air Hawk pad. Last time I looked, under a $100.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have a 2019 RTL and just switched out the stock seat for an Ultimate. Only rode it once for maybe 15 miles but love it. So much more supportive. The slightly higher profile works really well because I can easily rest my feet on the footboard and hit the brake. My hips are way more supported and I can comfortably put my feet on the highway pegs. The stock seat pushed me to forward and into the dip behind the storage compartment. Anyway, seems you know about the feel of the 2019 model. Can't speak for other seats but super pleased with the Ultimate seat so far.

Spyder Garage

I too was not impressed with my 2022 RTL seat. I opted for an Air Hawk pad for a less expensive alternative. Very little air in it but boy, what a difference.

Spyder Garage

I've decided to get the Corbin 1 piece seat. I'm going to order it today or tomorrow.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue