Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

OK something is definitely wrong with my VSS system.
    Today every time I started the bike, the first few turns I made, no matter how slow & easy I made them the SCS would kick in at front left or right tire.
    After a few turns this stopped & bike rode basically normal. Didn't matter whether I was in Eco Off or Rally Mode. If I turn the bike off & start again, I go through same thing again.

I'm gonna flash the PV3 back to stock file tomorrow just to eliminate the tune as a culprit, but I doubt that's the problem. Why would the tune only make it happen for first few left & right turns?

Which sensors are primarily responsible for triggering the VSS at either front wheel? Will start by checking those to make sure they're not loose or something...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-26-2023 at 09:46 PM. Reason: 's & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Badmotorf1nger View Post
    OK something is definitely wrong with my VSS system.
    Today every time I started the bike, the first few turns I made, no matter how slow & easy I made them the SCS would kick in at front left or right tire.
    After a few turns this stopped & bike rode basically normal. Didn't matter whether I was in Eco Off or Rally Mode. If I turn the bike off & start again, I go through same thing again.

I'm gonna flash the PV3 back to stock file tomorrow just to eliminate the tune as a culprit, but I doubt that's the problem. Why would the tune only make it happen for first few left & right turns?

Which sensors are primarily responsible for triggering the VSS at either front wheel? Will start by checking those to make sure they're not loose or something...
    Why wait for tomorrow... I just flashed back to stock & those VSS issues disappeared.
    I'm guessing something in my 2023 ECM does not like either the Dynojet PV3, or something about the tunes.
    But since I'm the first guy to have a PV3 tune on a 2023 and the software doesn't show anything about VSS I'd imagine this will be very difficult to remotely pin down via e-tuning.

Will still try the wheel speed sensor bypass trick & see if that dumbs things down enough to let the tune work good enough.
    Last edited by Badmotorf1nger; 05-26-2023 at 10:14 PM. Reason: 's ;-)