Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default EBC Brake pads - how long do they last - report

So I finally decide to change my rear Pads on my 14 RT .... My last set from Ron was done at 30,011 miles today ( before heat cycling them ) I had 74,018 miles. That's 44,007 miles .... the right pad ( piston side ) had 2mm of pad material .... the left pad had 0.3 mm ..... I dodged a bullet on that one .... They both had very even wear of the pad material. However the left side had dramatically more wear ...... The OEM rear pads only lasted to 30,011 miles, EBC is a quality product ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

OEM rear pads went 25K and front pads went 33K. I just turned 50k on EBCs and I'll have to check them to see what I've got left.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    OEM rear pads went 25K and front pads went 33K. I just turned 50k on EBCs and I'll have to check them to see what I've got left.
    If you have 50K on the REAR .... better check them REAL SOON .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I checked my EBCs too today and ordered pads all around. Got 33,900 out of them. I too just dodged a bullet. Outside pad in left caliper was at 1 mm or just slightly less; inside pad somewhat more. I got 28,790 on second set of front OEM pads and 21,600 first OEM fronts.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If you have 50K on the REAR .... better check them REAL SOON .... Mike
    They've 25k on EBCs, not 50k.

Spyder Garage

They've 25k on EBCs, not 50k.
    " I just turned 50K on EBC's " that's what you said in post #2 ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I just put a new set and a rotor on the rear of mine while I had the tire off for new rubber!!! Love them
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Are these the correct pad replacement part numbers for my CAN-AM Spyder 1330 F3 SE6 2017

Rear
    Part Number FA631HH

Front X 2
    Part Number FA630HH
    Last edited by Isopedella; 05-20-2023 at 11:23 AM.
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Isopedella View Post
    Are these the correct pad replacement part numbers for my CAN-AM Spyder 1330 F3 SE6 2017

Rear
    Part Number FA631

Front
    Part Number FA630V
    .... I don't have the package they came in .... But they are for the New Brembo Brake calipers , that came with the 1330 engine package.... check BajaRon's ( a site sponsor ) web site He lists all the ones He sells .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry, I didn't make that very clear. OEM rear pads were changed out at 25k and ECB pads were installed. Now I have a total of 50k on the odometer so I've got 25K total now on the rear EBC pads. In addition, the second OEM brand tire was also replaced at 25K (outstanding millage for two crapendas how that happened???) So I'm due for a replacement soon on my first General Altimax and that also has 25k on it. EBC pads seem to be outlasting tires. At least the rear tire anyway. I may never have to replace the front tires. Trying to run 17 PSI cold all the way around but with this warm weather, they seem to increase by 4 PSI rather quickly.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry, I didn't make that very clear. OEM rear pads were changed out at 25k and ECB pads were installed. Now I have a total of 50k on the odometer so I've got 25K total now on the rear EBC pads. In addition, the second OEM brand tire was also replaced at 25K (outstanding millage for two crapendas how that happened???) so I'm due for a replacement soon on my first General Altimax and that also has 25k on it. EBC pads seem to be outlasting tires. At least the rear tire anyway. I may never have to replace the fronts.

Spyder Garage

Sorry, I didn't make that very clear. OEM rear pads were changed out at 25k and ECB pads were installed. Now I have a total of 50k on the odometer so I've got 25K total now on the rear EBC pads. In addition, the second OEM brand tire was also replaced at 25K (outstanding millage for two crapendas how that happened???) so I'm due for a replacement soon on my first General Altimax and that also has 25k on it. EBC pads seem to be outlasting tires. At least the rear tire anyway. I may never have to replace the fronts.
    OK that makes more sense .... If you got 25K from OEM Kenda's ...ON THE FRONT , that's not unusual for a well aligned non-defective Kenda. ..... others here report similar .... Mike