Speaking of last.....or next last...............Look at what I brought home yesterday afternoon.

A '20 Can Am Spyder F3-L. Found it thru a friend up in Ruidoso, 50 miles up the mountain, 20,000 miles, mint condition. His wife has developed a form of Alzheimer and he does not want to be gone from His Home for more than a few hours. She was his steady riding companion. Headed on up to Ruidoso yesterday at noon on the bike to take a look..........

Road it around up there....Liked it......Called Mz Pam and She said if you can get it for no more than a certain amount, offered $2K less than He was asking. Told him that I would ride my Bike Home, pick up the cash and Mz Pam AKA SWMBO and I would be back in 2 1/2 hours.. Made it back with the Green and Viola my next Last Bike.

Had a great ride to Home, road great, even at 8,000 ft elevation ran like a fine watch cruised at between 60 and 80 on the Hiway, smooth as glass. Comfortable riding it as if been riding a Spyder for years.

Tucked snugly in the shop along with 3 Motorcycles and a Polaris Ranger, amazingly everything fit.....

Truth be known, I have been fascinated with those Can Am's for years. Pam and I did a test ride on one in 2010 as seen in in this pic.

Here is the clincher, when I was around 10 years old in about 1950, I somehow (my parents) bought a used beat up Cushman Truckster from the Cushman Dealer in Downtown Houston. Unbelievable as it sounds in this day and age as we lived way out west of Houston in Spring Branch, an unincorporated section of the greater Houston area. For those that know Houston, Hwy 90 was a 2 lane narrow country road heading West, now it is I 10. I road that thing all over the place out there, would go miles from Home. Don't remember telling Mom where I was going other than "Going to Bobbys" (Best friend to this day) House, almost 2 miles away. I actually wore out two motors in that thing. Top speed of 30 or so.

Picture of one, mine never looked that good as I painted it with a big paint brush. Here is an internet pic of one all painted up. Mine didn't have a lid on the Box or head lights. People would ride in the front Box. I'm thinking that is why I have some sort of comfortable feeling towards the Spyder. When I first road it home down the mountain on the 4 Lane Hiway it was as if I had been riding one forever. Actually, come to think about it, I started riding gas powered motorized motorized reversed trikes (two wheels in front, one in the back) before or at least at about the same time as Gas powered two wheelers. This has never occurred to me until now as when reading Spyderlovers.com, newbys seem to have a hard time but quickly become fully comfortable after several hundred miles.

Amazing as to how different raising Kids today is so different. I seem to remember in looking back that we the polar opposite of the modern Helicopter parent, after school, always only restriction was to be home by dark. Totally unheard of today. We never got in trouble as we seemed to grow up with a strong natural sense of right and wrong.