Spyder Garage

Default 2020+ RT Handlebars are too much of a reach for me - any other options?

I just purchased a 2021 RTL. I am 5'9" 180lbs. and find that with the stock handlebars my arms are fully extended. Read up on options but would like to hear from others what worked best for them. Risers or the F3 stock bars. The short reach appear to probably be too much of a change.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-18-2023 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2014 RTL

Spyder Garage

I installed stock F3 bars ($125 on eBay) on my 21 RTL. Immediate solution to shoulder/neck pain from reaching for the stock bars. I'm 5'8" 208 pounds. Wires all reached with no problem.
    2021 Spyder RTL chalk/black/chrome bought in March 21. Previous rides: 2019 Spyder RTL, Orange/chrome. 2015 Harley Heritage, 2002 Harley Heritage, 77 Harley Electra Glide, 75 Harley Electra Glide, 72 Harley Sportster (first bike bought new)
    My Spyder Mods
    Rider backrest, F&R cup holders; F3 handlebars; BRP LED driving light; LaMonster front fender and mirror turn signals, LaMonster Saddlebag lights, Auxito LED rear turn signal blubs w/ built in load resistor; Brake lite modulator/flasher; LaMonster flags on trunk; Garmin Zumo XT. LaMonster Bluetooth adapter for Phone & GPS through Spyder speakers. LaMonster floorboard risers; FOBO tire pressure monitors, Vredestein front and rear tires; BajaRon sway bar.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ransman View Post
    I just purchased a 2021 RTL. I am 5'9" 180lbs. and find that with the stock handlebars my arms are fully extended. Read up on options but would like to hear from others what worked best for them. Risers or the F3 stock bars. The short reach appear to probably be too much of a change.
    Thanks
    The Lamonster 2" riser will help a lot. My shoulders and neck felt a lot of relief when I added the 2" riser from Lamonster
    I also added the floor board risers which helps my short legged wife and myself for mounting the Spyder with our age. Its Hell to get old! Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

I originally bought the F3 attitude bars with a 2" riser. Since then however, I bought the HeliBars and I can tell you, they are great. They're pricey, but make a huge difference considering they're adjustable to fit your riding style.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    I originally bought the F3 attitude bars with a 2" riser. Since then however, I bought the HeliBars and I can tell you, they are great. They're pricey, but make a huge difference considering they're adjustable to fit your riding style.
    I went straight for the HeliBars from the OEM instead of trying this, trying that. Love 'em.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Helibars! Not only can you bring them back...but also up/down and change the wrist angle as well to get the controls exactly where you want them to be. I installed mine with less than 400 miles on the Spyder!

Buy once, cry once.

Spyder Garage

I installed the F3 "Long Reach" bars on my 2020 RT Limited. The Short Reach and F3 Stock bars were a little too close for my liking.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    The Lamonster 2" riser will help a lot. My shoulders and neck felt a lot of relief when I added the 2" riser from Lamonster
    I also added the floor board risers which helps my short legged wife and myself for mounting the Spyder with our age. Its Hell to get old! Bill

Are these the ones you are talking about. I need something for my 22 rt. The Utopia back rest helped but still shoulder problems with reaching to far . https://www.lamonstergarage.com/hand...er-f3-rt-2020/
    2022 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by budvoss View Post
    Are these the ones you are talking about. I need something for my 22 rt. The Utopia back rest helped but still shoulder problems with reaching to far . https://www.lamonstergarage.com/hand...er-f3-rt-2020/
    This one gives you multiple adjustment options. https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...sers?vehicle=1
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

I tried the F3 bars and they helped some. Then decided to go with heli-bars. Totally adjustable for a custom fit. A bit pricey but well worth it! Easy install too!

2022 RTL HyperSilver
    2018 Honda Goldwing Tour White
    2022 RTL , Hyper Silver