Spyder Garage

Question RTL 2020 Outdoor Cover - Is there a way to pack it in the zipper section?

Bought this Outdoor Cover Part #219400968 used and was wondering if there was a manual for this? I'm trying to pack it in the zipper section? Also, what is the Velcro at the rear of the cover?

https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...oor-cover.html

TIA
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-18-2023 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

i think the velcro piece at the back of the cover is where you open it for the antenna to come through an then close the velcro part back up tight around it. On my cover thats what the velcro opening is for on the back of cover. Dont know about the fitting in zippered part.

Spyder Garage

With the cover in the bike the male/female Velcro are in the back little lower than the trunk. It's not the antenna hole.

With the cover on the bike, you have to unzipper it so that it expands enough to fit over the trunk. I thought it may fold into itself in some way.

Hopefully someone has figured this out or bought a new one that came with instructions?

Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-18-2023 at 09:27 PM. Reason: then (time) - than (alternative) %-/

Spyder Garage

Enlarging the picture it appears to me to be a one piece jigsaw puzzle. Since the narrow portion of the cover is to the rear, in my mind the zipper bag portion is also to the rear, but I don't know. It has a flannel liner, so obviously one should be folding it inward, always keeping the liner innermost. Were I in your boots, I would lay it out on a floor or dry lawn and just begin folding options until you get to fit in the zipper bag part. My Firstgear rain jacket has one of those contraptions built into it. Good luck!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

There was another thread on this subject quite some time ago, consensus & personal experience suggested no folding: just CRAM; squeeze; CRAM & !!BE CAREFUL!! with the zipper- it's not forgiving if some material is in the way.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...P-Travel-Cover
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-18-2023 at 09:29 PM. Reason: ' 's ;-)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Been my experience that stuffing it is the way!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Photos are pretty self explanatory. I figured out the 2 velcro tabs on the rear, its to shrink the height with the trunk is off. Also shown is the top zippered area, unzipped it gives you extra room when the trunk is on. Those 2 plastic clips I do not know what for, the clip into each other and my thoughts are these must be someway that they are the to hold the cover when folded up.

I would like to hear from someone who actually owned one of these covers and how they are used. I can not find any instruction sheet online but I would imagine a new cover would of come with one.

If you do not onw one of these please do not reply.

Thanks all
    Attached Images Attached Images