Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    The insurance adjuster just left. The Spyder is totaled and all the process that is left is computing the payment amount. It's a full MSRP plus accessories payment and since I have $3300 worth of mods/additions the final amount will be interesting. Supposed to know in three days.

I won't be replacing the RT with another Spyder. There are two primary reasons for that decision; The first is the parts availability issues (Can-Am can't supply and stamp a new frame) and the second is the 'message' delivered by the rock.

I think this means that I will be leaving the SpyderLovers forum. I have to say that this forum was one of the real highlights of owning/riding a Spyder.

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Sorry to hear of your encounter and glad you're safe and unharmed. I encourage you to stick around the forum. I have, even though I've been Spyderless for about 3 years now. There are a lot of very good people here. Information and knowledge goes well beyond the Spyder world. And, every once in a while, I have an opportunity to help someone and contribute based upon my past experiences. Good luck..... Jim
    You're still a 'Spyder Lover', aren't you Butters?

It's a real shame that your Spyder Owning/Ryding experience hasta end this way, but I can appreciate your situation. Only I don't believe your Forum experience or being part of the extended Spyder Lover's Community needs to end just cos you aren't going to be an owner/ryder any longer! Like Jim, you've been one of the valued contributors here for a while now, & AFAIK there's no reason for that to end too! No pressure, but since you've been a valued member here, you'll always be welcome to come on in & participate in whatever way you feel you might want to - within the bounds of our Forum Rules, of course!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-24-2023 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    You're still a 'Spyder Lover', aren't you?

It's a real shame that your Spyder Owning/Ryding experience hasta end this way Butters, but I can appreciate your situation. Only I don't believe your Forum experience or being part of the extended Spyder Lover's Community needs to end just cos you aren't going to be an owner/ryder any longer! Like Jim, you've been one of the valued contributors here for a while now, & AFAIK there's no reason for that to end too! No pressure, but since you've been a valued member here, you'll always be welcome to come on in & participate in whatever way you feel you might want to - within the bounds of our Forum Rules, of course!
    x 2. See how you feel about this in a month or so.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The RT has already been replaced by a Mazda Miata, to get as close to the road experience of riding a Spyder as I can. Hope it works!

Hate to see you go, but good choice on the MX5. One of my other rides is a 22 MX5 RF. Love the thing, even for long trips.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Hate to see you go, but good choice on the MX5. One of my other rides is a 22 MX5 RF. Love the thing, even for long trips.
    That's encouraging. Do you know of a forum for the MX5 that's as good as SpyderLovers?

And, I don't think I can give up this forum cold turkey, so I'll be lurking for a while... Thanks to you all for suggesting that I do -- what a great forum!
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

That's encouraging. Do you know of a forum for the MX5 that's as good as SpyderLovers?

And, I don't think I can give up this forum cold turkey, so I'll be lurking for a while... Thanks to you all for suggesting that I do -- what a great forum!
    Try https://www.miata.net/ I think you will find a lot of good info there.

this should take you straight to the forum. https://forum.miata.net/vb/index.php
    Last edited by EdMat; 05-24-2023 at 09:48 PM.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Try https://www.miata.net/ I think you will find a lot of good info there.

this should take you straight to the forum. https://forum.miata.net/vb/index.php
    Thanks, that will help. I have to thank you directly since my 'like' and 'thank' buttons stopped working a few months ago, when I changed browsers.
    Spyder Tryke Pylot

Spyder Garage

Default There She goes!...

Insurance company picked up the carcass today...
    Still have 3 wheels with tires if anyone is interested. Rear wheel has a brand new Vredestein Qudrac mounted and balanced.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Spyder Tryke Pylot

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Rode ~200 miles today with another 18 in a Jeep with my Spyder on the trailer behind us. Almost made it home on the bike before disaster struck.

Started out as a beautiful day 75-84 degrees and patchy clouds. 22 miles from home there was a sudden marble sized hail storm. It was small and I could see the sunlight on the road a half mile ahead. I scrunched down behind the wind screen and rode on toward the 'light'. With all the hail and rain my vision was obscured and then it happened. BANG!! I was then riding on the right front wheel alone; The left came down quickly and finally the rear. Never saw what I hit, but I'm assuming it was a rock.

I pulled to the shoulder and two brothers that had been cutting firewood instantly came around the bend. It was so quick that I didn't have much time to check out the Spyder, but it wasn't going anywhere with a shredded rear tire. The tire had just over 6000 miles on it and looked to be less than half worn. Got to a place with cell service and called my son to come with the trailer to haul us home.

So, the RT is out on the trailer and I'll get a look at it tomorrow. It's somewhere between needing a new tire and totaled with frame damage.

Funny part is four days ago I rescued a BMW rider who had a rear wheel bearing failure. Quickest payback I've ever had!
    Good old Murphy's Law

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that you're OK... as has already been pointed out, machinery can be replaced but you can't! Hope the Miata works out, it's probably as close to a Spyder as you could get on 4 wheels.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black