Spyder Garage

Default Where's the best place for Speaker Pod Setup? Any Pics? Amp/speaker details?

I'm trying to piece together a amp and speaker pods for my 21 F3S. The amp will obviously go into the front trunk, but I'm trying to figure out where to best mount a set of marine speaker pods. This is the kit I think I'm going with. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500PSS...-PSS-SX01.html

Anyone care to show me a picture of your custom mounting for an F3. I'm not interested in the SSV/Kicker system for the F3 because of the numerous complaints on sound quality and loudness.

Also, if you care to share your amp/speaker setup that would be a plus. I'm not tied to the Alpine system above, but it was one of the few that I found that was nearly a complete setup with bluetooth.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-17-2023 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I mounted my 4" speakers on either side of the windscreen, using existing screw holes.

300 watt amp is self contained in the right speaker pod.

Dash.jpg

The unit is reasonably priced at ~$90 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

It's all good up to 50 MPH or so, then wind noise makes it hard to hear.

If I were to redo it, I'd get at least a 500 Watt system
    2016 F3-S SM6 , Stock White Body, Black fenders (Factory Paint)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWoof View Post
    I mounted my 4" speakers on either side of the windscreen, using existing screw holes.

300 watt amp is self contained in the right speaker pod.

Dash.jpg

The unit is reasonably priced at ~$90 on Amazon

It's all good up to 50 MPH or so, then wind noise makes it hard to hear.

If I were to redo it, I'd get at least a 500 Watt system
    I don't think the amount of WATTs is the issue .... I have a 14 RT with Four 5.25 in. JBL 2 ohm speakers and the OEM Radio .... ( which is rated at 18 watts ) .... Even at 80 MPH I don't have to use full volume to hear the clear sound from the speakers ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

F3S Speakers

I got my speakers from Amazon, same with the Amp. Sounds decent, even at highway speeds. If you're wanting something better, you'll need bluetooth ear buds! I had to fabricate mounts for the speakers, they're stable.

IMG_6620.jpg

IMG_6622.jpg IMG_6616.jpg

IMG_6619.jpg IMG_6617.jpg

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-07-2023 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display & link ... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I don't think any speakers would give a superior sound compared to almost any old helmet speakers while at highway speeds. (Plus nobody else has to endure my music).

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ricmerry View Post
    I don't think any speakers would give a superior sound compared to almost any old helmet speakers while at highway speeds. (Plus nobody else has to endure my music).
    Welllllllllllllllllllllll I swapped mine out ( from an RT ) for JBL 2Ohm models and I don't Ever need it at full volume .... not even at 80 MPH .... Mike