Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Supercharged / NOS Spyder??

Has anyone tried or seen a Supercharger Spyder or have a NOS upgrade? That would be swesome!!! Don't the seaDoo's have a supercharged motor?

Spyder Garage

Theres another member on the other forum thats down at aerocharger with his spyder getting a turbo mock done for the spyder. Yes BRP has a supercharged engine in the skidoo.
    2008 SM5, F1 EvoIII slide, Hindle, Race Air Flow System, O2 Delete, Fuel Pressure Modfier, Powerbus System, BRP 6 Spoke, 12V power supply x2, 1" Handel Bar Riser, CompuStar Alarm System w/pager, Mono Seat Cover, Brake Caliper Trim, Trunk Liner, Outdoor Cover, Carbon Fiber SM5 Handelbar Inserts, Carbon Fiber Tank Knee Pads, TBR Juice Box.

Spyder Garage

Until someone finds a way to crack the engine management system and adjust fuel mapping and timing, this is going to be a difficult thing to achieve.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would love to see a nitrous on a spyder, I would consider it if there was a kit available I think it would be awesome.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
    Theres another member on the other forum thats down at aerocharger with his spyder getting a turbo mock done for the spyder. Yes BRP has a supercharged engine in the skidoo.

I'm no longer holding my breath about the aero-charger idea he has been talking about for some time now.

Now he's talking about doing a longer swingarm with 2 wheels on the rear...

I think he has some interesting ideas--- but they just are not going to happen in the real world.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm no longer holding my breath about the aero-charger idea he has been talking about for some time now.

Now he's talking about doing a longer swingarm with 2 wheels on the rear...

I think he has some interesting ideas--- but they just are not going to happen in the real world.
    Little clarification as I am "that guy". I can assure you that the Aerocharger Turbo development is in the works, see for yourself: http://aerocharger.com/kits_canam_spyder.php or call the folks there and ask if you can pre-order a kit.

Regarding the swing arm changes to the rear, as soon as the Spyder is done being used by Aerocharger for turbo development, I'll be building my own swingarm. The single sided axle design is done (its a single sided swingarm with 1 wheel/tire), the custom wheel has been spec'd and will be ordered shortly. 20x12.5" will the be rear wheel size.

The custom hub adapters are already built for the front, wheels just got ordered for it up there as well. 17x7.5's for the front.

Regarding "the real world".... actions speak louder than words, and trust me.. there is action being taken on all fronts.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Until someone finds a way to crack the engine management system and adjust fuel mapping and timing, this is going to be a difficult thing to achieve.
    Good news sir, the management system has been officially cracked!

Two Brothers has a juicebox thats plug and play for the spyder and Aerocharger uses the same type of controller (Aerocommander) that will piggy back and manage the Spyders ECU.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asmdjackal View Post
    Little clarification as I am "that guy". I can assure you that the Aerocharger Turbo development is in the works, see for yourself: http://aerocharger.com/kits_canam_spyder.php or call the folks there and ask if you can pre-order a kit.

Regarding the swing arm changes to the rear, as soon as the Spyder is done being used by Aerocharger for turbo development, I'll be building my own swingarm. The single sided axle design is done (its a single sided swingarm with 1 wheel/tire), the custom wheel has been spec'd and will be ordered shortly. 20x12.5" will the be rear wheel size.

The custom hub adapters are already built for the front, wheels just got ordered for it up there as well. 17x7.5's for the front.

Regarding "the real world".... actions speak louder than words, and trust me.. there is action being taken on all fronts.
    I didn't mean any offense--- it's just been talked about for so long that it all seems like vaporware.

I really hope the Aerocharger makes it to market.

As far as the extended swingarm--- my main questions would be 'why' ???
    What on earth would this accomplish - other than making it harder to control in the turns?

Spyder Garage

Good for you asmdjackal... I'm excited to see people experimenting and being creative with their own spyders. I think lately, especially on this site, people would rather explain why ideas are poor, rather than being supportive and be happy that the spyder concept and community are growing. I live in north KC, not extraordinarily far from aerocharger, and would love have the opportunity to see your spyder in person once you have it back on the road. Good luck, and I hope some of your wild ideas come to fruition.
    Old Spyder Mods:
    No Magic Neon Triple Play II, Leo Vince SBK Exhaust, MMG Backrest, BRP Seat Skin, XOPRODOX Grips & Throttle Rocker, Paint By Tallant's Hot Rods, Kewl Metal Air Filter, Juice Box, Evoluzione O2 Mod, DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap, Ride Wright Mojo Wheels and Pulley, Custom Handlebars, Relocated Ignition Switch, Madstad Robo Brackets, Evoluzione Swaybar, RT Shocks/Springs, Toyo R1R, Odyssey Battery, Lowered Shock Mount, SFB Floorboards, Fenderless w/ Custom License Bracket.

Spyder Garage

Isn't Nitrous the stuff you do whip its with? If that's the case that would be cool - what a ryde LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by burg650 View Post
    I would love to see a nitrous on a spyder, I would consider it if there was a kit available I think it would be awesome.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Isn't Nitrous the stuff you do whip its with? If that's the case that would be cool - what a ryde LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Whip it---- and whip it good !

Spyder Garage

Except for the migraine afterwards but that was the big thing back in highschool, along w/ other things but it passed the time and kept us entertained. LOL I don't do them now - really, honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Whip it---- and whip it good !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SSG Bean View Post
    Good for you asmdjackal... I'm excited to see people experimenting and being creative with their own spyders. I think lately, especially on this site, people would rather explain why ideas are poor, rather than being supportive and be happy that the spyder concept and community are growing. I live in north KC, not extraordinarily far from aerocharger, and would love have the opportunity to see your spyder in person once you have it back on the road. Good luck, and I hope some of your wild ideas come to fruition.
    LOL! As soon as its presentable (body all tore off it at the moment) and the Aerocharger guys are comfortable with things, I have no problem meeting somewhere in the middle and letting you check it out.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

FWIW...

I have been running N2O on my car for over 3 years now. I estimated I have run about.... 800 POUNDS of N2O so far. It is a ZEX wet system.

All I can say, is if done right, and the proper A / F mix is delivered, then HOLD ON, cuz she will come ALIVE!

As far as N2O on a Spyder.... it only works at wide open throttle, so not quite sure how that will work. Secondly, you CAN get a progressive N2O controller and stepper solenoids and "roll it on" from about 50% throttle to 100%, but then your talking $$$$$.

I mean, it can be done. If $$$ were no object and I were king for a day, I would put a slightly larger turbo on and spool it up with a .5 sec shot of N2O at low rpm's.

That is what I would do. Best of both.... a large cage for high end boost and the N2O the negate the lag.

Spyder Garage

One could addapt one of the kits for a atv or snowmobile. I'm not sure how much hp shot the engine could savely handle.

asmdjackal-Have you found out what hp gains for teh stages that are offered and what prices? I was thinking its probably cheaper to go with kens(evolusone) combo depending on the cost vs gains.
    2008 SM5, F1 EvoIII slide, Hindle, Race Air Flow System, O2 Delete, Fuel Pressure Modfier, Powerbus System, BRP 6 Spoke, 12V power supply x2, 1" Handel Bar Riser, CompuStar Alarm System w/pager, Mono Seat Cover, Brake Caliper Trim, Trunk Liner, Outdoor Cover, Carbon Fiber SM5 Handelbar Inserts, Carbon Fiber Tank Knee Pads, TBR Juice Box.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
    One could addapt one of the kits for a atv or snowmobile. I'm not sure how much hp shot the engine could savely handle.

asmdjackal-Have you found out what hp gains for teh stages that are offered and what prices? I was thinking its probably cheaper to go with kens(evolusone) combo depending on the cost vs gains.
    Cost is relative... Meaning its one thing to spend 3 hours bolting on a turbo kit.. its entirely another to pull out your Spyders motor, go in, replace pistons, etc.. Not saying that Kens stuff is bad, just saying that its not just about cost. Plus, I can quickly return to stock and or easily upgrade the turbo system. Example, maybe the first stage adds 40 or 50 HP and ft lbs of Tq... Maybe I turn up the boost and run mixed fuel or put on a water/meth system? I could add ~20 more HP pretty easily. Plus my idle and daily driving isnt hurt.

This conversation could go down a real big rathole..

Spyder Garage

The first problem we had when running nitrous or blowers on our bikes was the clutch. What are you doing for that?

Spyder Garage

By the way I did not make this run and I wasn't even there. That was my supercharger and I helped build the motor with the owner and friend of mine, Christian Ray.

Barnett was one of the sponsors and they gave us a bunch of clutch plates to play with to try and get the clutch to hold. That's why I asked what you had planned to do about the clutch on the Spyder. There have been a couple of Spyders that had the clutch come apart during burnouts and it trashed the motor.

The driver was another friend of mine, Dan Paramore from DPRracing. At the time this was a record run.

God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Default Please post some pictures as you make the parts...

Is the longer swing arm to accommodate the 20 inch wheel and tire? Or is it for more resistance to front end lift during max power application? Or both?
    Ken krb1945 "Happy Owner"
    USN DAV 100% 'er
    Proud grandfather of a former United States Marine
    1 2008 SM5 PE 548
    1 2008 SM5, 1 2009 SE5
    2008 GL1800

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    The first problem we had when running nitrous or blowers on our bikes was the clutch. What are you doing for that?
    Right now I am personally doing nothing though I am looking at some of the upgraded clutches that are available for the aprillia. I am about 155LBS, I dont generally haul a passenger or trailer on my spyder, I figure the stock clutch has to be decent enough if I am not totally hard on it.

If you've got aftermarket clutch advice, please share.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krb1945 View Post
    Is the longer swing arm to accommodate the 20 inch wheel and tire? Or is it for more resistance to front end lift during max power application? Or both?
    The 20 is for 3 reasons.... 1 - more meat, 2 - better looks, 3 - uh... hmm... cause I can?