Spyder Garage

Default Shout out to Team Mancuso Powersports North, Houston, Tx

I'm hoping that the moderators will allow me to report on Mancuso Powersports North, in Houston, Tx, even though they are not a sponsor on the site. While on a recent trip to visit family in Houston, my wife's 2021 RT experienced intermittent limp home mode secondary to the needed replacement of the brake light switch.

After contacting Mancuso's about part availability to do the warrantee recall I asked for an appointment to accomplish this repair. Having been told that they didn't have an opening before the end of May, I explained that I was traveling and could they please work me in. After checking with the service manager I was told to bring the bike to them and they would do the repair while I waited. After the warrantee work was done I was invited back into the service area by the service manager, introduced to Harold their spyder mechanic and shown an abraded wire for the front fender lights. They explained that if this was completely abraded through I would not experience Limp home mode but find myself dead at the side of the road. I asked them to do a stop gap repair to allow me to return back home to Michigan and they were very good about doing this. Total bill was all of $75.00 and we returned home without further incident.

If I recall correctly Mancuso's has received less than stellar reviews here on the forum. I think that this dealership conducted itself the way you would expect to be treated when you experience an emergent situation while on the road. They were courteous and efficient and went the extra mile to accommodate a traveler. At least for my experience Mancuso's is a dealership that goes the extra mile for travelers and you should not hesitate to contact them for service if you have an emergent situation while passing through Houston, Tx.

Al in Kazoo

PS: I contacted Full Throttle in Houston and was told that they sold Spyders but didn't really service them as they had no Spyder mechanics! Isn't that special!!!!!
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I see no problem with your post. Not an outright commercial for the dealer, but helpful advice for others that may be in the area and needing emergency service.

Also good to know about dealers that sell em, but don't work on them.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-16-2023 at 01:17 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Good to know about Mancuso. Have been to their North location, back when we were just looking into the Spyder, and was not impressed at all with the staff in the showroom. And, yeah, Full Throttle just seemed to want to SELL you something. Glad to know you had a good experience out back when you NEEDED it!

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)