Spyder Garage

Default Shout out to JT Thorne

While getting ready for a trip to Houston, Tx I had failed to check my rear Vredestein tire prior to my departure, finding only 2/32nds in the center. Not having time to get a new tire in prior to my departure I touched base with JT about the possibility of an appointment to purchase and install a new rear tire. He was able to schedule me to accomplish this while I was in Houston.

Upon arrival @ his shop, I was warmly greeted by his spousal unit and offered a fresh cup of coffee!! While I waited outside his shop in the shade and sipped great coffee I admired the layout and contents of his shop. He meticulously went about his business and had my old tire unmounted and a new one mounted and back on the bike in under 45 minutes!!! Did I mention that he had a four post hoist and a wall full of power tools. When I asked him to adjust the pressures to the 16psi that I was running in the Vredesteins on the fronts, he recommended 26 psi on this tire he sold, a Yokohama Fleva. He said he had been using this tire for a considerable amount of time and found that 26 psi was the magical number for consistent and even wear. He runs these on his own F3-L and has sold many with excellent reviews from owners and his personal experience. He also disabled my DESS and had me back on the road in just over an hour, WOW!!!

Can't say enough nice things about this Spyderlovers sponsor. If you are in the area or just passing through JT Thorne runs a fully capable shop to handle all your maintenance needs.

Al in Kazoo

PS: had 22,234 miles on the Vredestein on the rear using 16 psi. That's double the mileage I got running the previous Vredestein at 20 psi.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I have that tire on my F3-S and I run 14 in mine with PERFECTLY even treadwear. I have 8k HARD miles on it and am 55% worn... So the lower pressure should be just fine. Your bike is heavier than mine so prob stay with 16-18...

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

He's WRONG about that tire pressure in ANY auto tire on the rear of any Spyder. If you like riding around on a tire that provides a Harsh ride and compromises the good traction it could have ..... then good luck , I've said this a few hundred : Auto tires need to have a PSI commensurate to weight of the Spyder... This isn't my OPINION ...IT'S SCIENCE ... PERIOD ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

JT is a Great Guy! Not just because he's been very good to me. But because he treats everyone well. We need more like him.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...