Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Do I really need to replace the DESS & ignition for key replacement.- 2014 RT-S?

I received one key with my 2014 RT-S. I've been meaning to get a replacement for a while (four years now).

I was at the dealer Saturday to pick up a few things, and figured I'd ask about a replacement key. They tell me that for 2014 (and 2015 the think) that they can't program in new keys - you have to replace the DESS module AND the ignition. About $250 and comes with two keys. That's just the parts, I didn't bother to ask what they'd charge to install as I'm sure I'd need BUDS to do this myself.

Does this sound right? A search of the internet has proven inconclusive.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-15-2023 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange