Spyder Garage

Default Anyone have fitment issues when closing clamshell?

Had to do a clamshell open to install my solo drivers comfort seat. After closing it again, nothing lined up. The frame bolt holes were off. After a lot of struggle, I got them in. Now the plastic push pin holes in the lower side panels don't line up. The panels are all together and snapped in. What gives? The frame holes are about 3/4" too far to the right of the plastic slots. Also, the front facia is overlapping the side panels by that 3/4"...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2023 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joepalooka View Post
    Had to do a clamshell open to install my solo drivers comfort seat. After closing it again, nothing lined up. The frame bolt holes were off. After a lot of struggle, I got them in. Now the plastic push pin holes in the lower side panels don't line up. The panels are all together and snapped in. What gives? The frame holes are about 3/4" too far to the right of the plastic slots. Also, the front facia is overlapping the side panels by that 3/4"...
    Did you speak with the the folks that made that seat ?????? ..........good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2023 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

It's a CanAm part

Spyder Garage

Did you make sure the 2"? tube that's up above the cvt air intake and below the right side panel is snapped back in place. If not it may be lifting and twisting the clamshell enough to cause problems.

Spyder Garage

I watched the Bill Ramseyer video and disconnected before opening the clam, but I did forget to put it back and yes it was curled under which probably as you mentioned, gave me issues aligning the frame bolts. I later remembered and I was able to uncurl it and put it back without undoing the frame bolts. So that explains the frame bolt alignment struggle. Now the issue is with the plastic panels not lining up with the holes.