Thread: Our First Trip

Spyder Garage

Default Our First Trip

Bev and I left Picacho, AZ on April 20th on our 2022 Spyder RTL and headed to Missouri. We stopped in Nixa at Lamonster Garage to get handlebar risers installed. Then we stopped in Rolla, MO to visit my son. After that we headed to Evansville, IN to visit some of Bev’s family and our friends.

After our visit in Evansville we left with our friends Scott and Lynn for Vicksburg, MS. In Vicksburg we met some other bikers for a weekend of riding and socializing. Our last leg of this trip was from Vicksburg back to Arizona. The Spyder performed very well and we didn’t have any trouble. Total mileage for the trip was 3,985 miles. I didn’t keep track of my mileage, I think it was in the mid 30’s. We only rode around 300 miles per day except for the last day. We both were ready to get home so we rode 600 the last day. We were one day short of being gone three weeks. We are currently planning some more trips before I get too old to ride. I’m currently 84, I’ll let you know when I get too old to ride.

Willie

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Old Willie View Post
    Bev and I left Picacho, AZ on April 20th on our 2022 Spyder RTL and headed to Missouri. We stopped in Nixa at Lamonster Garage to get handlebar risers installed. Then we stopped in Rolla, MO to visit my son. After that we headed to Evansville, IN to visit some of Bev’s family and our friends.

After our visit in Evansville we left with our friends Scott and Lynn for Vicksburg, MS. In Vicksburg we met some other bikers for a weekend of riding and socializing. Our last leg of this trip was from Vicksburg back to Arizona. The Spyder performed very well and we didn’t have any trouble. Total mileage for the trip was 3,985 miles. I didn’t keep track of my mileage, I think it was in the mid 30’s. We only rode around 300 miles per day except for the last day. We both were ready to get home so we rode 600 the last day. We were one day short of being gone three weeks. We are currently planning some more trips before I get too old to ride. I’m currently 84, I’ll let you know when I get too old to ride.

Willie
    Glad to hear that you had a successful trip of 4,000 miles. 600 miles the last day.....hmmmm....too rich for my blood. Age 80 here.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you had a great trip. Congrats. Keep on ryding. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

WOW!! 1. Wish my wife rode with me. 2. Wish my butt could handle a long ride. 3. Hope I'm still riding when I turn 80+ (only 73).

Anyway, congrats! Glad you both had a great time and hope many more long rides to come.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Spyder Garage

Congrats. Sounds like a nice trip. We usually do at least one multiweek trip a year. We typically ride 300-400 miles per day also. Our longest day was 517, but that was on our Harley before we got the Spyder. I hope I am still riding at 84. Currently we are both 75 ish
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Old Willie View Post

Willie
    Congrats!! That was a feat, to be sure.

At 78 last week, wife and I went to northern AZ and southern UT. A total of 1000 miles, over a 3 day span. We averaged 37 mpg. We stopped for restrooms, gas and food [-ish] when the tank got near 1/4 full. The Spyder [a new-to-me 2020 RTLtd] just loped along, happy at 75 mph for a good portion of the trip. Wife drove over half of it, going and coming back.

So glad you got to see friends and family.
    Ride safe; shiny side up, greasy side down.

best,
    linguine

2020 RT Limited , Chalk Gray

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting up about the ride. Glad you enjoyed it so much.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Enjoyed reading about your trip. We just got a new to us 2017 RT and look forward to planning some fun rides! You are very inspiring, we are both 68 years young!

Spyder Garage

Sounds like it was a great trip! I'm currently planning my summer rides. I'm only 66 and I can only hope to be riding into my 80's.