Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Found a Spyder I like - Opinions please?

I found a bike I want to look at today. Its pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, including the color. Could you guys please give me your opinions?

THANK YOU!

Brian
    In Tucson, AZ

https://www.ridenowtucsoneast.com/--...il?id=13660112
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-13-2023 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state a reason & ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

looks good and price is not bad. only concern i would have is the low miles on that year. i would be worried it sat for a long time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by usmc4507 View Post
    looks good and price is not bad. only concern i would have is the low miles on that year. i would be worried it sat for a long time.
    That is always a concern. As we all know, it will be sold "as is" by the dealer. I am meeting the dealer at 11:15. Wish me luck!

Spyder Garage

Good Luck!
    It looks nice, but not even a 30-90 day warranty? Not my cup of tea. If you were buying private, sure. Just not from a dealer.
    Do they have maintenance record and any recall info? To my knowledge most of these machines are reliable.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

My only "discouraging word" is not to buy it if you regularly want to ride 2-up. But I bet you don't want to do that anyway.

Chip
    2020 RTL
    "Stella by Starlight"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by usmc4507 View Post
    That was a concern. But, they couldn't sell it to me anyway, it has a pending sprocket recall. Why do they advertise bikes they can't sell?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chipveres View Post
    My only "discouraging word" is not to buy it if you regularly want to ride 2-up. But I bet you don't want to do that anyway.

Chip
    2020 RTL
    "Stella by Starlight"
    I'm a lone wolf, the F3 is perfect as pictured.

Spyder Garage

Brian Take a look at the F3 limited. You can ride to up and have loads of storage.

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tntnj View Post
    Brian Take a look at the F3 limited. You can ride to up and have loads of storage.
    Thanks, but -

1- I have no friends
    2- I travel light
    3- I like the stripped down sporty look.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by brian10x View Post
    That was a concern. But, they couldn't sell it to me anyway, it has a pending sprocket recall. Why do they advertise bikes they can't sell?
    The RE_CALL is by BRP ( ie.warranty )..... If they can't do the work .... another Dealer can / will. .... It doesn't matter who or when it was purchased ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

The manager stated it could not be sold until the recall was performed. Their loss. Like Doritos, they made more, many more.

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I found a bike I want to look at today. Its pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, including the color. Could you guys please give me your opinions?

THANK YOU!

Brian
    In Tucson, AZ

https://www.ridenowtucsoneast.com/--...il?id=13660112
    " IMotorsports " ( a site sponsor here ) has a left-over new 2022 F-3 for $17,999 ( includes free delivery ) ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

$2600 more.

Although, if I get ripped off by this other dealer, did I actually save any money? Food for thought. I'll bet they add a huge dealer prep fee as well as a substantial freight fee on top of the sales price. There is always a catch.

I can't find any mention of fees on the iMotorsports web site. Could you illuminate me on the process of dealing with iMotorsports? They have good reviews here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " IMotorsports " ( a site sponsor here ) has a left-over new 2022 F-3 for $17,999 ( includes free delivery ) ..... Mike
    This should or does include "New Warranty" , another BIG PLUS!
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

brian10x -- a plus for that specific F3 is the 89T rear sprocket which provide more rapid acceleration than the usual 79T rear sprocket.

RideNow is not iMotorsports. Be ready to walk away.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

You like it, it has what you want, it is the right color, go get it.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

You asked for opinions. Here’s mine. I’ve tried to buy new Can Am’s from my local RideNow dealer twice now. Each time, it never came to closing the deal mainly because their pricing (each time) was several grand too high. I have friends in Kansas and as it were, both times I bought a new Can Am they were purchased from Cycle Zone in Topeka. I’ve always dealt with the sales manager (Aaron Fisher). FWIW, I never tried beating anyone’s socks off. I always ask what can you do for me? Yeah, so both X’s Aaron has come through for me. Crazy huh? I live in Fla. and bought 2 Can Am’s from a dealer in Kansas. I’ve always felt when you’re buying something substantial like a car or a motorcycle, you’re not buying the car or the motorcycle, you’re buying the person who you are dealing with. That’s what is important, who you’re buying from. Others may have better and different ideas.

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2023 at 08:42 AM. Reason: fo - do ;-)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the input, Jake. I've bought 3 times from Ride Now at 3 different locations, and its always been a battle. I feel like I'm paying for an "ambience surcharge". I don't want a drink or a cup of coffee. I don't want highly polished floors and a world class dealer experience. I just want my bike, at a good price, and I'm out the door and on the road. I'm a simple guy. Maybe simple-minded, but let's leave that for another thread.

Spyder Garage

Don’t subject yourself to horrible dealers. Search for the newest, lowest mileage example the budget can afford. Would suggest buying privately. There are some nice Spyders just sitting in garages out there.

The F3S is a great choice. I really enjoy mine.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2023 at 08:06 PM. Reason: He - The ;-)
    2015 F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
    Don’t subject yourself to horrible dealers. Search for the newest, lowest mileage example the budget can afford. Would suggest buying privately. There are some nice Spyders just sitting in garages out there.

The F3S is a great choice. I really enjoy mine.
    The thing is, I may have to finance the last $5K. Still, I can use my credit union for that.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2023 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I may have to finance the last $5K.
    You're too close to your financial margin for a used bike at $17K. Plan on spending $2K making the Spyder road reliable: fluids change (oil, coolant, brake), tires (5 years should be limit), battery (Spyders need good batteries), and likely a few other things.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Being in the auto repair industry, I see a lot of abuse and neglect on a day to day basis. I think I'll bite the three wheeled bullet and buy new. There is a dealer to the South of me with a 2023 F3 for (MSRP) $18499. I already pre-qualified. Now comes the hard part. How hard are they going to try and screw me on markups and my trade. I already posted my old bike online.

I think the important thing is that I will get up and walk away if I don't like the deal. There is more than one F3 for sale out there.

Spyder Garage

The manager stated it could not be sold until the recall was performed. Their loss. Like Doritos, they made more, many more.
    That sounds silly to me. The dealership already has the bike. Why don't they just order the part, install it and then sell the bike?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    That sounds silly to me. The dealership already has the bike. Why don't they just order the part, install it and then sell the bike?
    He said the part was on order since 05/05, and it would be released for sale as soon as the recall is done. Just as well. I saw a bad paint chip the size of a quarter that I hated, and I think I may consider brand new, as I've seen a lot of neglect and abuse of machines in my 40+ years in the auto repair business.