Spyder Garage

Default After Suggestions for a quiet Windshield I don't need to look thru?

I just bought a 2014 RT in perfect condition. It has a F4 windshield on it and I find it very noisy. It is +3" in height and +2.5" 0n each side. I am 6'. I am looking for a windshield that is quiet and I don't have to look through. What do others have that work?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-13-2023 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rideaway View Post
    I just bought a 2014 RT in perfect condition. It has a F4 windshield on it and I find it very noisy. It is +3" in height and +2.5" 0n each side. I am 6'. I am looking for a windshield that is quiet and I don't have to look through. What do others have that works?
    IMHO, F4 made the best windshield for the after-market.... it is also indestructible... ie. Scratchproof.... it's fairly easy to trim it to the size you want.... that F-4 is worth about $425.00.... or you could sell it..... good luck.... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-13-2023 at 12:27 PM. Reason: ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

You could try the 7Jurock one. I like mine and don't notice it very noisy.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

Do you have any experience in plastic working? The general idea is to put a double layer of masking tape on each side, mark the desired shape with a magic marker, and cut it slowly and patiently with the finest jig saw blade you can get. Then 100 grit sandpaper through 1200 grit paper until you perfect the edge.

With that said, there is NO WAY I would suggest a Spyder windshield as a first project. Experience is necessary.

Chip
    2020 RTL
    "Stella by Starlight"