Spyder Garage

Default Heading for a new record of sorts - 2 Can Ams in 2 days!

Yesterday I was out on a ride. No particular destination in mind, just out cruising. I stopped for gas at a Nom—Nom gas station in Airway Heights, WA (the state not the swamp). There at the pump right in front of me was a fella on a Can Am Ryker. So of course we chatted for a few minutes.

He mentioned his Ryker only took 3 gallons of gas. I told him my Spyder would probably only take 4 gallons but I still had a ways to go and didn’t want to get caught short. A lady at the pump across from us over heard our conversations and said “You guys with your 3 gallon fill ups”, as she was filling up her SUV, and all three of us laughed. Ryker rider left and before SUV lady left she wished me a safe ride.

Then today I was out on a ride, heading north on State Highway 23 between Sprague and Harrington WA. There was really nothing along that stretch of road for like 20+ miles but wheat fields as far as the eye can see. So in all this nothing, what passes me going south on this two lane highway? A rider on a Can Am RT-S. We exchanged waves and continued on our way.

So that was two Can Ams in 2 days. That’s more Can Ams then I saw all last year. And there’s still seven months to go in this year.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-12-2023 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Here in Connecticut I see a Spyder or Ryker almost every time I go out. Not uncommon at all.

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector