Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

"the Ryker is not a dirt bike"

Never said it was. But it has capabilities to handle dirt as seen in the sample videos, that you would not safely have with an F3.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I bought a 2015 F3 SE6 new in 2016. It was bare bones. Then I put on floorboards, windshield, easybrackets with bags, some LED lights, 2 up rear shock, passenger backrest, GPS. Sporty? I dunno.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    I bought a 2015 F3 SE6 new in 2016. It was bare bones. Then I put on floorboards, windshield, easybrackets with bags, some LED lights, 2 up rear shock, passenger backrest, GPS. Sporty? I dunno.
    Well, you did everything you could to make it bland and UN sporty. What did you expect?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by brian10x View Post
    Well, you did everything you could to make it bland and UN sporty. What did you expect?
    Different strokes for different folks!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by brian10x View Post
    I agree the F3-S sport mode is desirable, but for $2500 more than the F3 base, its not worth it for me. I'll spend $200 and add the factory cruise and call it a day.
    Get a Pedal Commander and you can unleash a "sport mode" on a base F3 without having it. It's on my list of next upgrades... Pedal commander + Cat delete.

But that's going to have to wait until next year when some more cash is on hand.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 07-18-2023 at 07:38 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Get a Pedal Commander and you can unleash a "sport mode" on a base F3 without having it. It's on my list of next upgrades... Pedal commander + Cat delete.

But that's going to have to wait until next year when some more cash is on hand.
    A pedal commander only gets your "quicker" access to your existing throttle by changing the curve. That has nothing to do with the "sport mode" on the F3S which actually reduces the stability control and lets you get away with more. Sure the Pedal commander may let you feel like it's more sporty - but again - that's not the purpose of Sport Mode.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2023 at 07:59 AM. Reason: hte ... ;-)
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Agreed, but with that snappy throttle it gives you access to unleash a lot more fun as well. thus the reason I put "sport mode" in quotes to accentuate that it is not a true sport mode for those of us that are anally challenged.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 07-18-2023 at 02:25 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Great thing about the F3S is you can have both sporty and full boat touring. Performance mods (PV3 - custom map/modified intake/Two Bros exhaust/Pedal Commander) and handling mods (tires/sway bar/full suspension) make everything good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Having done over 260,000 miles on two-wheelers, I have been surprised by how sporty my F3-S feels. It must be a match for an MT-07/SV650 etc.