Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default My RTL has chrome handlebars that I want to wrap... Any advice?

The PO of my new-to-me 2017 RTL added a few great mods, but one that I need to deal with is the chrome handlebar cover. Chrome is not a favourite colour of mine and the glare off of it is annoying.

Unlike some covers I've seen on the 'net, this one's bolt holes are actually bolted in rather than just around the bolts.

It must be really well glued on because I unbolted the four centre handlebar bolts, but I cannot budge the chrome cover.

So my work-around is to cover it with a matte black 3M wrap I found on Amazon. But before I start, I'm wondering if anyone else has advice on how to do a wrap over the bars?

Thanks,
    Rod
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-11-2023 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Ryde safe,
    Rod.

'08 GS SM5 Full Moon -- after 15,000km sold May'11
    '10 RT A+C SE5 Full Moon -- after 30,700km traded in 2014
    '17 RTL Pearl White -- new-to-me in 2023

"I guess its better to bend a valve in Missoula than to lose your mind in Bozeman", my wife said, patting my hand as if to console me. I winced and wondered if Phaedrus ever took the bus." -Peter Egan, Leanings

CanAm Highway goes from Texas along U.S. Route 85 and Interstate 25 into Saskatchewan, Canada.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CanAm_Highway>