Spyder Garage

Default Spyder F3S Brembo Brakes Rubbing

I have a Spyder F3S with only 6500 miles on the clock and the brakes are rubbing and I can hear them at low speeds, a light squeal. The pads look fine however. Are there any adjustments I can do to remedy this problem. I would prefer not to take it in to BRP and start paying $130/hr. Thanks for any help/ideas/suggestions on this topic! Jason

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What year? Take the pads out and clean the calipers and pad pins. Lube the pins and reassemble.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

It is a 2015

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Exactly why Flamewinger said plus

-- completely flush your brake fluid. If you have any fluid left from a fresh 16oz bottle of DOT4, then you didn't flush your brakes completely. SpeedBleeders or Goodridge equivalent recommended as well as a helper to push the brake pedal

-- lightly clean the pad surface with a 200grit or higher aluminum oxide or similar paper. Rinse thoroughly with spray brake cleaner afterwards.

-- using a cotton cloth towel or similar shop rag wetted with brake cleaner, wipe the brake rotors repeatedly until the towel doesn't show brake dust residue. You may be tempted to just spray the rotors -- be careful with overspray as the cleaner damages many rubber parts as well as paint.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike