Spyder Garage

Default Need Windshield advice: Form, Function, & Height?

Going to buy a MadStad windshield for my F3S, but not sure how high I need to go. I'm definitely getting either the 16" or the 18" because I'm not to keen on the looks of a tall windshield. Anyone run the 16" and is it pretty much useless? I'm 5'-10" and don't mind some mild wind to the head, more looking to take most of the pressure off the chest at high speeds. Pics welcomed.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-08-2023 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xk49 View Post
    Going to buy a MadStad windshield for my F3S, but not sure how high I need to go. I'm definitely getting either the 16" or the 18" because I'm not to keen on the looks of a tall windshield. Anyone run the 16" and is it pretty much useless? I'm 5'-10" and don't mind some mild wind to the head, more looking to take most of the pressure off the chest at high speeds. Pics welcomed.
    I have an RT, and it's adjustable. It's OEM, and at the lowest setting I can just see over the top .... I don't feel any wind on my face .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I am also 5’10” and went with the 18” windscreen on my 2022 F3S.

I’m able to adjust it for my liking of less/more wind and am very pleased with it.

The one i ordered from madstad’s website came with two deflectors that sit next to gauge cluster. These are not adjustable.

The image below is with the shield at max height, and tilted back most of the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Impster; 05-08-2023 at 11:05 PM. Reason: fix rotated image
    2022 F3-S Special , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the picture and comment. I think I'll get the 18". If the height bothers me, I can just cut it down (won't be the first time I've done that to a windshield).
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-09-2023 at 06:58 AM. Reason: ' ' ;-)