Spyder Garage

Default Show Chrome passenger armrest for 2020+ RT and RTL

Selling for $70 plus shipping.
    Current cost new is $245 plus $42 for optional cup holder at Slingmods. I was not happy with them and replaced with BRP armrest. Like new condition in appearance. They use a set screw at the swivel point to set the amount of friction required to move in and out. I could never get the friction to stay constant as the set screw would eat into the metal arm when moving in and out causing a groove (not visible) in the metal arm requiring more tightening of the set screw. One positive of these arms is they do pivot completely out of the way for the passenger to mount/dismount unlike the BRP armrest that barely move.
    IMG_3441.jpg IMG_3443.jpg IMG_3442.jpg
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Sea-To-Sky)
    2022 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

Pm sent

Spyder Garage

How is the pivot joint held together? Bolt through the center, or just a tight fit?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flylow View Post
    How is the pivot joint held together? Bolt through the center, or just a tight fit?
    It’s held together with an Allen head bolt. You tighten/loosen the bolt to adjust the friction for the pivot arm. There is a set screw that is supposed to hold the bolt in place and maintain the amount of friction you want. The bolt keeps loosening up some how. I thought about putting a nylon washer between the two mating pieces to see if that would help maintain the tightness of the pivot joint or maybe some red loctite on the threads. I never got around to trying to find a solution but, I think with a little ingenuity you could find a solution. My solution was to spend megabucks for the BRP armrest instead.
    Last edited by Adventurer; 05-12-2023 at 07:26 PM.
    2022 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

Did you have to drill holes? I have a 21 RT L.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flylow View Post
    Did you have to drill holes? I have a 21 RT L.
    I had them on my 21 RTL. You do have to drill three holes on the arms of the trunk. They are approximately ⅜” each but they are not visible once the trunk is put back in place.
    2022 Ryker Rally