Spyder Garage

Default Went to the Can-Am Experience this weekend

The Can-Am experience was in Rock Hill this weekend. I managed to sign up for the last remaining slot of the early morning and got the chance to ride an F3L. Glad I did - I've always loved the way they look, and I really wanted to love it but after riding it, all I can say is "meh".

Admittedly it wasn't set up for me specifically, but other than the brake pedal being too high, everything else felt ok.

The handlebars were a little long - made for an easy reach to me, but sharp corners are a reach. The couple times I managed something like "spirited" cornering, I found that my knees weren't against the body of the tryke so I had to rely more on my arms to steady myself. Apparently I need a backrest as my my back and shoulders were starting to ache a bit by the end of the 45 minute ride. But I had that issue on my RT so I expected it.

If I had bought an F3 first, I'd probably love it, but after four years on my '14 RT maybe I'm just used to it. I didn't find the F3 seat any more comfortable nor the riding position to be ideal for me. I wish they'd had an open slot on the next ride - I'd liked to have tried the new RT.

Anyway, that's my opinion - worth everything you just paid for it.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

I'm going to the Can-Am Experience this weekend in Elk Grove, CA. Not exactly around the corner but the best timing.

Like you said, Warsuul, I've signed up to ride an F3 for the purpose of seeing how different it is from my 2019 RTL. I like the stripped-down F3 base for its simplicity. But without much for wind protection, I'm not sure it will work.

I went to the same event in LA last year and rode a 2022 RT. Not the same, but overall I liked my RT better than the new one. One difference is mine is a chrome edition, and there isn't anything comparable since the big revamp in 2020. But I also prefer the seating position on the 2019. Maybe it's just what I'm used to.

I'll write up another message with my impressions after the event.

Take care,
    Bob
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome