Spyder Garage

Default Pedal Box installed on the 998 V-Twin

I did quite a few mods on my Spyder last week. I am going to do individual reviews on each item for those who might be interested.

The first:
    I got a Pedal Box for the 998 from Lamonster. All I can say is WOW! Installation is easy. The instructions that Lamonster provides is for a different model and does not match an RT-L. The plug is on the right side, as you sit on the bike. You have to pull the side panel to get to it, and it is right there, easy to get to. I got the Bluetooth model. Connection was easy and communicates with no problems. I chose to mount the control under the seat, right side. There is plenty of room to mount it. The most time-consuming part for me was figuring out the best way to place the extra cable.

Modes:
    City: Where I started, noticeable difference. If that was all the improvement, it would be worth it.
    Sport: Quick throttle response. I end up in 5th before I knew it.
    Sport +: Hold on! If you get on the throttle hard and you are not leaning forward and holding on, you will throw your body back. I would say that it would be possible to throw yourself off the back!

It's hard to stay off the throttle when I'm in Sport mode.

Very happy and worth the price!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-07-2023 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White