Spyder Garage

Default Has your windshield improved your gas mileage? What do you have?

We've made a run down to St Augustine Florida on a mix of rural highways and interstate. On the rural roads I can get over 175 miles to a tank, on the interstate running 80 mph it would be risky to push it to 150 miles. I'm using a copycat Sport windshield from Amazon that I like well enough, but I'd try another if it would improve my gas mileage. What screens have you all tried?

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greer View Post
    We've made a run down to St Augustine Florida on a mix of rural highways and interstate. On the rural roads I can get over 175 miles to a tank, on the interstate running 80 mph it would be risky to push it to 150 miles. I'm using a copycat Sport windshield from Amazon that I like well enough, but I'd try another if it would improve my gas mileage. What screens have you all tried?

Sarah
    I see you have a Ryker .... but I believe the principle is the same ... recently there was a post of a guy at a racetrack with a Spyder ... He got up to 125 +/- mph .... His bike had no WINDSCREEN .... IMHO the gain in MPG's would be minimal at best. Certainly not worth the comfort you would give up not having one .... good luck ... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-07-2023 at 07:01 PM. Reason: I ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I see you have a Ryker .... but I believe the principle is the same ... recently there was a post of a guy at a racetrack with a Spyder ... He got up to 125 +/- mph .... His bike had no WINDSCREEN .... IMHO the gain in MPG's would be minimal at best. Certainly not worth the comfort you would give up not having one .... good luck ... Mike

But it will radically improve riding comfort.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-07-2023 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    But it will radically improve riding comfort.
    We ride many miles here in the mountains, so, heated grips & the deluxe fairing - in 2up mode she needs a little less than in standard or sport.
    (20k miles now, most 2up with luggage & no real problems!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-08-2023 at 01:23 AM. Reason: heatet & ' 's ;-)
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I'm comfortable enough with the sport screen, but I'd consider something else if it would improve gas mileage. Sounds like mileage is what it is. That's ok, just wanted to check.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport