Spyder Garage

Default Can I use a motorcycle jack under a Ryker

Is there anything hanging lower than the frame I might crush?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joepalooka View Post
    Go look at a Fiche' .... it will show you how the frame is designed ..... I 'm pretty sure it has the same " Y " design as all the Spyders. IMHO the only safe place to lift the Ryker is in the middle under the engine .... go look at a Fiche' .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks, but what is a "Fiche' ...."

Spyder Garage

Thanks, but what is a "Fiche' ...."
    If you go to any of the after-market Ryker/Spyder websites and put in your Ryker info you can see every part that is on your Ryker. It is done with a Fiche' (a picture of what parts you are looking for) ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-07-2023 at 02:34 AM. Reason: see ;-)

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mike is old school and referring to a Microfiche basically a picture taken of a document on film to make copies and reduce the size for storage (before the time of scanners) in this case a parts schematic if you needed to read the document you would have to use a machine to put the film in and read the document, the modern day version of this is a pdf file.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 05-07-2023 at 05:22 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Ahhhh, I remember microfiche.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Motorcycle Jack

My best guess is look under your bike and see. If you are able to get down and look it should be an easy thing.

Maybe someone out there has a 'live' test.

Good Luck on Your Mission. ....

Stay Healthy and Be Safe. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

What are you trying to do, why are you lifting it? Some time I will drive my bike up a set of car ramps and take my floor jack and put it on the frame as far back as I can get it and jack the back up till it's level! Your going to have to get down on the floor and see in real life what you got under there in the way, stay on the frame and take it slow and be safe!!!! As long as your on the frame you can lift it, I can pick mine up off the floor with one jack in the air all three tires if I get it in the right spot, but you got to use your head. Good luck, be safe!!! Jack stands are your friend!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I don't think the jack will collapse enough to go under a Ryker.

Spyder Garage

A lot of AUTO lift jacks won't..... you need a jack that made to handle low ground clearance veh's ....vheck Harbor Freight for their Alum. racing jack ..... Mike

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use the harbor freight atv/motorcycle jack on my f3 don't know if it has the clearance for a ryker.

https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-l...ift-63397.html

If I need the back end up I jack at the furthest back position on the frame in the middle and I remove the top set of pads (they are removable) and use the lower pads on the lift.

But if I am going up on jack stands in the front I can use the higher pads, I first back on to my car ramps so I do not have to lift that far and go in from the front and jack using the cross members of the frame on the front and then place the the jackstands under the a arms and gently let down on to them.

If it is like my f3 the only thing you need to watch out for when lifting the back is the exhaust sticks down below the frame a little bit so I have to make sure to lift from the drivers side and pads don't extend past the frame and press on the exhaust.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 05-08-2023 at 07:45 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    I use the harbor freight atv/motorcycle jack on my f3 don't know if it has the clearance for a ryker.
    If it fits under an RT or an F3, it'll fit under a Ryker, cos they've got more ground clearance!

I have a similar motorcycle jack (without the extended pads) that I've used for all Spyder models & all Ryker models, altho I must admit that for some of the Spyders, I hafta line it up carefully then physically lift the Spyder a little by hand just to make sure the jack doesn't scrape some of the tupperware as it slides under; but it works OK once slid under & lifting on the frame.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Installing a slingmods lift kit on the rear shock. Have to jack it up so the swing arm hangs free.

Spyder Garage

Installing a slingmods lift kit on the rear shock. Have to jack it up so the swing arm hangs free.
    Then you'll have to lift the Spyder FORWARD of the shock Bolt ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

The swing arm is half the length of the Ryker. For something like that I would probably run straps under the frame near the seat and lift up to take the weight off the back, spring. Engine hoist or overhead beam.